So what's the problem with Garen?

#11dennis941012Posted 3/3/2013 12:48:54 AM
he is a strong top
people whine too much
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#12MwarriorHieiPosted 3/3/2013 4:23:59 AM
Newb here, just started playing LoL this week. I was in a game with a player was feeding with something like 18 deaths. My friend and I called him out on him feeding and he told me, "Shut up you're playing Garen noob."

Is there something wrong with Garen that I'm missing?

garen is "easy to use." he was saying "no s*** you are doing good garen is an easy champion to play." which is a dumb argument.
---
http://i.imgur.com/TQEciMP.jpg
#13DeanyzyPosted 3/3/2013 5:00:41 AM
He's a good pubstomper in mid to low divisions and a decent pick in high ones. I wouldn't say he's overpowered at all. He's just good against a lot of bruisers, he suffers against ranged champions that can kite him or keep him at a distance though.
#14ERLiNoPosted 3/3/2013 5:31:21 AM
Deanyzy posted...
He's a good pubstomper in mid to low divisions and a decent pick in high ones. I wouldn't say he's overpowered at all. He's just good against a lot of bruisers, he suffers against ranged champions that can kite him or keep him at a distance though.

Hes really strong in low elo, but I see him being useless in higher elo.
---
"It doesn't matter how many resources you have, if you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough"
-Masters Zerg
#15_HeXPosted 3/3/2013 5:46:54 AM
No resource to manage, combine that with a stupid good passive and there you have Garen.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#16DeanyzyPosted 3/3/2013 7:23:09 AM
ERLiNo posted...
Deanyzy posted...

Hes really strong in low elo, but I see him being useless in higher elo.

He's not a bad choice for high league play but you wouldn't pick him without knowing who you're against. From what I hear he's more of a first pick or ban champ in the lower leagues.

From what I understand Garen's so strong in low level play because of the fact that few people know how to deal with him, he's similar to Darius in that regard it seems.
#17jepaanPosted 3/3/2013 8:55:07 AM
Dartkun posted...
Koala262 posted...
It's not so much that there's a problem with Garen, it's a problem with the community in general.

Sadly for a game where, supposedly 60% of the players are college educated, this seems to be very true.

Source?

http://majorleagueoflegends.s3.amazonaws.com/lol_infographic.png
---
-
#18AthinielPosted 3/4/2013 12:19:25 AM
Raymond posted...
He has no damage late game.

Though it is common to hear people say this, it is not true.
#19tlalynet0Posted 3/4/2013 12:26:07 AM
Koala262 posted...
It's not so much that there's a problem with Garen, it's a problem with the community in general.

Sadly for a game where, supposedly 60% of the players are college educated, this seems to be very true.

This is why the community is bad though, not a reason for it not to be bad.