Opinions on Akali?

#1darkmoondeityPosted 3/3/2013 7:34:26 PM
I'm brand new to this game, been playing it for a week. Did a hair of research and purchased my first champion: Akali. I've gone 7-0 with her, always highest level, most kills, most gold.
I'm not that good.
She is really over powering. Anyone agree?
But I question that, because if she's so good, why don't more people use her? (unranked matches, i'm only lvl 9) I've only seen her one as an opponent one time.
#2guidefoxPosted 3/3/2013 7:35:43 PM
Once you reach higher lvl you will see a lot of Akali mid. Overplayed champion in my opinion. But yes, she can be OP if played right.
#3CalusbladePosted 3/3/2013 7:37:16 PM
she is an assassin. Once your at lvl 6, depending on your playing style (3/2/0/1, 2/1/2/1, 3/0/2/1 i find the most common) its q ult atk + other skills and repeat. really not hard to use her. She is squishy, that's really it.
---
Primera: I don't get it. Why aren't they hitting you
Fei: That's simple. If I let them hit me, it might hurt. :)
#4darkmoondeity(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 7:37:22 PM
Yeah I have been using Volibear since I started, saving IP. All I usually do is jungle. But with her I just play mid and it doesn't even seem fair.
Like I said i'm pretty new to the game. But with her I got a solo ace. Like WTF. Def should be nerfed.
#5Shadow_King56Posted 3/3/2013 7:37:54 PM
Shes used a lot in ranked, she is quite OP especially thanks to the buffs. Her weakness used to be a bad early game, but with the passive buff she has a strong early game that scales into an even stronger late game. I prefer her top over mid though because she stomps most bruisers and other assassins.
---
*Claims Kokonoe Rin, Vita, Nagi, Evangeline, Hanyuu, Cao Cao (KM), Kaguya, and Flonne-sama*
#6TheSchrefPosted 3/3/2013 7:38:26 PM
She's broken.

Rush Hextech Gunblade, rylais, then warmogs.

You are now an unkillable squishy destroyer.
#7Shadow EdgePosted 3/3/2013 7:38:49 PM
She's a low level/elo pubstomper. Take a few wards then kill anyone who gets in them.
---
ns
#8TheSchrefPosted 3/3/2013 7:39:44 PM
Shadow Edge posted...
She's a low level/elo pubstomper and she stomps high elo players, too

Fix'd
#9trombonologyPosted 3/3/2013 7:40:17 PM
It could be that she fits your play style really well.

In addition, most new people do not know how to deal with an all-in type champion. In low levels, champs like Singed, Akali, Katarina, etc all feel really overpowered because of this.
---
Drum Corps Div I member.
-Who needs friends when you have an enemy like me =)
#10thisisboris2Posted 3/3/2013 7:50:40 PM
id marry her
---
Eu is best anime character http://i.imgur.com/0iTaY.jpg
LoL IGN:TheCakeIsNotAPie; Created Fergleblast & Rihoof Pls