So Elise virtually has no counters...

#21Viewtiful_JonPosted 3/4/2013 8:15:55 AM
dennis941012 posted...
renek with full mr page stomps her :D

Lots of heroes with full mr pages stomp her, problem is very few people have full MR pages. I have both a page with extra quints for either MR or armour but no full 1 type of defense page.
#22happyscrub1Posted 3/4/2013 8:37:17 AM
Viewtiful_Jon posted...
dennis941012 posted...
renek with full mr page stomps her :D

Lots of heroes with full mr pages stomp her, problem is very few people have full MR pages. I have both a page with extra quints for either MR or armour but no full 1 type of defense page.

If you gonna go full MR page, why not just go Galio? lol
---
Happyscrub's league of legends rank is higher than 95% gamefaqs posters. This is why gamefaqs jealous of him. That's why they troll him. So sad, So bad, so mad.
#23Rookie_JetPosted 3/4/2013 8:46:05 AM
Suffer_Not posted...
I remember when we got mocked for telling you guys that Elise is ridiculously strong.

Good times.
Good times.

Yeah, I remember Season 2 as well.

And then the penetration changes happened and all of a sudden the champion with high base damage was suddenly able to build a bunch of magic penetration and then tank items and become a tank that does % health damage in a meta where the primary tanky stat was stacking health.

Good point. I don't think anyone's said she's weak since S3 started.
#24fft_ramza(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 9:27:10 AM
omega bahumat posted...
Kennen can massively outplay her.

Vlad can stalemate the lane.

Yorick and Jayce - See Vlad.

Renekton can dispose of her

Akali can win (Skill like Kennen)

Kayle Stalemates or wins

ryze can dominate her (They build similarly, but his build is a direct counter to LOL PENETRATION because Banshees+Mercs)

Swain can easily overcome her

Rumble like Akali and Kennen is a skill match up

I agree with Renek and Vlad being a threat, but Akali and Kennen are food for Elise, 1 stun and you can land the full combo, they'll be dead in a split second.
---
Signature for rent
#25Suffer_NotPosted 3/4/2013 9:49:08 AM
I agree with Renek and Vlad being a threat, but Akali and Kennen are food for Elise, 1 stun and you can land the full combo, they'll be dead in a split second.

Akali's mobility should allow her opportunity to avoid stuns. I would consider it a skill matchup; both have an equal chance to win depending on who outplays whom.

At level 6, Kennen's ult lasts only 3 seconds, 2 of which Elise gets to avoid with her E. Eventually Kennen will have damage that Elise cannot just escape from, but until then he has a skillshot that is blocked by spiderlings, a run that requires him to be in range of her full combo to do damage with, and an auto attack modifier when her targeted damage skills outrange his attack range. I would not consider Kennen to win this lane; he can stalemate it by farming with Q and then scaling into the mid-late game teamfight stunlock terror we all know and love, but he isn't going to stop Elise from getting farm which is equally if not more scary.

I would agree that Ryze and Swain can do well against her, except that she is normally top lane giving her the jungle pressure advantage.

I'm not sure about Vlad, I've seen it go both ways.

Every Renekton I have seen fight her gets stomped :<
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#26_HeXPosted 3/4/2013 10:56:52 AM
Suffer_Not posted...

Akali's mobility should allow her opportunity to avoid stuns. I would consider it a skill matchup; both have an equal chance to win depending on who outplays whom.

At level 6, Kennen's ult lasts only 3 seconds, 2 of which Elise gets to avoid with her E. Eventually Kennen will have damage that Elise cannot just escape from, but until then he has a skillshot that is blocked by spiderlings, a run that requires him to be in range of her full combo to do damage with, and an auto attack modifier when her targeted damage skills outrange his attack range. I would not consider Kennen to win this lane; he can stalemate it by farming with Q and then scaling into the mid-late game teamfight stunlock terror we all know and love, but he isn't going to stop Elise from getting farm which is equally if not more scary.

I would agree that Ryze and Swain can do well against her, except that she is normally top lane giving her the jungle pressure advantage.

I'm not sure about Vlad, I've seen it go both ways.

Every Renekton I have seen fight her gets stomped :<

Anyone decent is gonna have a pink saved for Akali's shroud, sorry to burst your bubble.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#27DeanyzyPosted 3/4/2013 11:01:11 AM
A lot of the top lane mages can make her cry. Unless your name is Cho, Yorick or Jayce you shouldn't really try to take her on with a bruiser/tank.
#28Ravid182Posted 3/4/2013 11:12:06 AM
Back in the Wota days morde used to be one of the common tops. ALong with vlad and kennen
#29omega bahumatPosted 3/4/2013 11:16:59 AM
I'd also argue that pantheon is pretty good against her.

Honestly anyone that has a ton of burst, excels at laning, or has survivability+escape would beat her.
#30DeanyzyPosted 3/4/2013 11:18:46 AM
Akali is an even match up for Elise, it comes down to skill and skill alone. I'd say that Kennen does quite well against Elise. He has good harass and can farm safely, he has enough mobility to escape from her as well as access to a stun which he can proc a few times in a spell rotation if you time it right.

Kennen is like Vlad, he can play it lame and simply be more useful in the late game.