I honestly think they need to change Skarner's E to something else.

#1omega bahumatPosted 3/4/2013 9:29:27 AM
Or make it a targeted skill that has a radial explosion to make his laning better.

Why do I want it something else? Because honestly - he is better in the jungle and the E is pretty worthless, and in massive teamfights it's barely noticeable.

It makes him stop moving for a moment to throw out a line "nuke" that does pathetic damage, is slow and has a barely noticeable heal (that requires you to attack or Crystal Slash the things that you hit with it).

It makes absolutely zero sense in his kit. Q slows and has a low CD for his passive, W increases his MS and AS (benefitting Q, and passive) and his ult pulls people around (again W helps this, Q does too and it benefits from q and his passive). His E feels tacked on.

Not to mention that nobody grabs it ever.

I seem to remember that Riot wants every skill to be WANTED before level 13 (I can't remember which rework it was - but they specifically stated that they didnt like how that champion only grabbed points in two abilities and nobody even noticed the third). The shield on W increases his sustain; and the heal on E is cumbersome and pushes a lane needlessly, or slows you - which decreases his ganking effectiveness.

I honestly think it should be a skill that can proc Crystal slash (IE: Not having to Crystal Slash twice just to get the slow). This would make people more likely to grab it, but also streamline his kit so all the skills mesh together.

Feel free to offer other ideas. I'm tempted to make a post on the GD forums about this because it's something that's bothered me since his release.
#2negative4Posted 3/4/2013 9:30:37 AM
The point is that Skarner is already strong enough as it is. Innate tankiness, permaslow, and a small shield. I swear, E is just a filler move to not make him ridiculously OP.
---
Chicago Bears 8-8, 3rd NFC North (2011-2012 Season)
WE LIKE IKE! Aethering to victory.
#3lightdragoon88Posted 3/4/2013 9:31:39 AM
Either increase his heals or give him a AD/AP buff per mark consumed.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
My favorite League of Legend Champion: http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png
#4DeadpooL7Posted 3/4/2013 9:32:51 AM
Few things... where did you get the idea his E is supposed to be a "nuke" as you called it? I think youre expecting way too much.

Also you would need to do a lot of changes to him cause if you kept him the same but gave him a much better move on his E then hes going to be monstrously overpowered.
---
Taric is mai waifu
#5omega bahumat(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 9:33:48 AM
negative4 posted...
The point is that Skarner is already strong enough as it is. Innate tankiness, permaslow, and a small shield. I swear, E is just a filler move to not make him ridiculously OP.

But it's ****ing useless.

Name one other champion that (not counting passives) has a move that is so contrary to their kit and can needlessly impede them by using it.

If it didn't have a cast animation that stopped your movement, I probably would like it more.
#6TomorrowDogPosted 3/4/2013 9:35:19 AM
Agreed with negative.

Skarner has an aoe mixed damage perma-slow and a shield/speed buff/atkspd buff on his other two abilities and is probably building IBG which procs continuously to make his perma-slow ridiculous. The dude doesn't need another ability.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#7Suffer_NotPosted 3/4/2013 9:39:13 AM
I don't hate it's interaction with his kit. It allows him to shield himself, heal his health while under the shield, use it again while his shield is on cooldown, and overall make him a lot harder to kill.

Except that the ratio and base heal is barely noticeable. Even building full AP doesn't give him more sustain than building a Warmogs until he has like 400 ap or something (i don't remember the math >__<).

So yeah, it could use some work. i don't know the best way to fix it, but right now all it does is give you something to burn Blue Buff on unless you build Spirit of the Lizard Elder, in which case it gives you slightly more wave clear.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#8omega bahumat(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 9:40:11 AM
DeadpooL7 posted...
Few things... where did you get the idea his E is supposed to be a "nuke" as you called it? I think youre expecting way too much.

Also you would need to do a lot of changes to him cause if you kept him the same but gave him a much better move on his E then hes going to be monstrously overpowered.

"nuke" is meant to describe a skill that does damage. That's all it is. Damage. It has no real utility. And no - I don't count the gimmicky heal. The damage from E is negligible.

I'm looking for a real discussion here. Not "blah blah OP blah blah" nonsense.

That argument is pathetic and unwarranted here. Skarner is not overpowered, he has a strong kit and a strong ability to help his team.

He suffers from a specific item making his ult meaningless and add in the change they made to his ultimate with blinks and he's pretty balanced.

He has a strong chase and duel kit, but he suffers from the same things other champions like him suffer from (vulnerable to targeted snares/cc <taric>, and wide CC <lux/Zyra>, MS slows <nunu>, Escapes <Ezreal>) and has one ability rendered ineffective by QSS (1600 gold, stop a champion).

I want to discuss viable changes to his E that wouldn't break his kit, but mesh with it and give it a flow like most other champions.
#9shadyelfPosted 3/4/2013 9:40:43 AM
If they buff/rework his E they will shift power from his other skills to balance him, and it will result in an overall weaker champ. More interesting and fleshed out maybe (don't like that one of his skills is useless either) but not as strong.
---
?
#10unlosing_rangerPosted 3/4/2013 9:41:02 AM
Change it to give him a small MS bonus and heals him for a % of his MS
---
Weed is for pansies. Shooting MDMA into your eyeballs is the only way to play this game.