I honestly think they need to change Skarner's E to something else.

#11omega bahumat(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 10:41:08 AM
TomorrowDog posted...
Agreed with negative.

Skarner has an aoe mixed damage perma-slow and a shield/speed buff/atkspd buff on his other two abilities and is probably building IBG which procs continuously to make his perma-slow ridiculous. The dude doesn't need another ability.

Your argument is that he should have 3 abilities instead of 4 like every other champion in League of Legends.

Get out.
#12omega bahumat(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 10:42:39 AM
shadyelf posted...
If they buff/rework his E they will shift power from his other skills to balance him, and it will result in an overall weaker champ. More interesting and fleshed out maybe (don't like that one of his skills is useless either) but not as strong.

He'd probably be just as strong if they did it correctly. As it stands - nobody uses his E. I'd also rather have a champion with a complete kit than someone who is great but feels incomplete.
#13TomorrowDogPosted 3/4/2013 10:51:13 AM
omega bahumat posted...
TomorrowDog posted...
Agreed with negative.

Skarner has an aoe mixed damage perma-slow and a shield/speed buff/atkspd buff on his other two abilities and is probably building IBG which procs continuously to make his perma-slow ridiculous. The dude doesn't need another ability.

Your argument is that he should have 3 abilities instead of 4 like every other champion in League of Legends.

Get out.

No, you just chose to interpret my post in the way that best fueled your desire to be a belligerent ass.

I was speaking from a balance perspective that I'd rather he just stay how he is since what we have works and isn't too strong or too weak which is pretty good in League of 1000 Champions. I'm not saying from an overall design perspective three abilities is "better" than four. Y'know, because that makes no sense.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#14TAMIUS_REBORNPosted 3/4/2013 10:54:17 AM
Regardless of how you feel about Skarner (op, up, etc) arguing that a champion is so good that the correct way to balance them is to make one skill so bad it may as well not even exist is an extremely weak and lazy solution. If his other skills are so amazingly op, which I don't believe they are, that giving him a skill players would actually want one point in would break him, then they need to tone down his other skills and change the one that's useless.
---
Steam: Calimar777
XBL: Calimar
#15ssj4supervegetaPosted 3/4/2013 10:55:53 AM
his e is what makes ap skarner cool.

i mean, in this day where ap tryn was "good" because of the good heal, im surprised no one wants to try ap skarner.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#16zefigPosted 3/4/2013 11:04:26 AM
I agree with some of the other posters, that if remade, some things will be taken from other skills to make up for it.

For example, his Shield also gives him attack speed and move speed. One of those could be easily shifted to Fracture.
---
Wii FC: 1686 5820 3040 7075
XBL: PettyAlchemy
#17TomorrowDogPosted 3/4/2013 11:23:18 AM
TAMIUS_REBORN posted...
Regardless of how you feel about Skarner (op, up, etc) arguing that a champion is so good that the correct way to balance them is to make one skill so bad it may as well not even exist is an extremely weak and lazy solution. If his other skills are so amazingly op, which I don't believe they are, that giving him a skill players would actually want one point in would break him, then they need to tone down his other skills and change the one that's useless.

You enjoy basking in your ideals.

I'll choose a champion that works now.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#18neon screenPosted 3/4/2013 11:26:26 AM
TAMIUS_REBORN posted...

You enjoy basking in your ideals.

I'll choose a champion that works now.

If I was an employer I'd never hire you.
#19TomorrowDogPosted 3/4/2013 11:31:23 AM
Smart employers actually prize people who are grounded in reality and don't just preach shallow "perfect world" solutions.
---
#20omega bahumat(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 11:45:49 AM
TomorrowDog posted...
omega bahumat posted...
TomorrowDog posted...
Agreed with negative.

Get out.

No, you just chose to interpret my post in the way that best fueled your desire to be a belligerent ass.

I was speaking from a balance perspective that I'd rather he just stay how he is since what we have works and isn't too strong or too weak which is pretty good in League of 1000 Champions. I'm not saying from an overall design perspective three abilities is "better" than four. Y'know, because that makes no sense.

Or you could have worded your argument better because that's exactly how it came across.

Anyone arguing what you were arguing doesn't need to be part of this discussion because it's just bad design overall.