it possible to ap or ad or hybrid/tank lane with Nautilus?

#1sjaugust1Posted 3/4/2013 11:54:19 AM
I picked up naut mainly because i never see him played outside of once during last season. and he was a monster to kill. i have virtually no experience jungling and have been playing mostly wukong, zyra, kayle and elise. picked up naut and thresh so i could play a less squishy champ. is there a way to help naut's abysmal damage output while still being REALLY hard to kill? i want ppl to think twice before they try to 1v1 me.
i know his abilities scale off of ad but i find myself auto attacking a lot. perhaps a nashors tooth or a wits end? sunfire cape? blade of the ruined king? i know i'm going to need a lot of hp+ armor +magic resist gear too.
#2davidaaronkPosted 3/4/2013 11:57:39 AM
1 v 1 and jungle clearing he's just weak...

but his ganks and teamfight presence with all his CC are really strong, so he's more of a utility champ similar to maoki.
---
Steam ID = KatzDave (Add me!) Multi-player games below... (PC/DS/Wii)
AS,AT,AW,B,B+,BF2,BP,CSS,DDS,GW,L4D,L4D2, MK,MiB,PHG,PPT,PVK,RFG,SC,SF4,SMC4,SSE,TC,TF2
#3Village IdiotPosted 3/4/2013 12:02:17 PM
davidaaronk posted...
1 v 1 and jungle clearing he's just weak...

but his ganks and teamfight presence with all his CC are really strong, so he's more of a utility champ similar to maoki.

This.

Naut is a CC bot.

Your goal is Lv4 then game gank gank.

Once you ding lv6 and get Mobility, just run into lane, ultimately, CC them to death.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#4sjaugust1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 3:22:28 PM
so you how's this, frozen mallet, crystal scepter, sunfire cape, warmongs, omen and boots? again i'm trying for a lane build not jungle. is there no way to get a little more damage out of him without sacrificing tankyness? or do i hope that my lanemate doesn't abandon me?
#5sjaugust1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 5:29:18 PM
wow bump
#6flyguy101Posted 3/4/2013 5:32:42 PM
sjaugust1 posted...
so you how's this, frozen mallet, crystal scepter, sunfire cape, warmongs, omen and boots? again i'm trying for a lane build not jungle. is there no way to get a little more damage out of him without sacrificing tankyness? or do i hope that my lanemate doesn't abandon me?

Naut likes Mana, AP, CDR, and HEALTH. Mainly health. Build the ratio of those that you find necessary. I would implore that you learn to jungle him, he is the top ganker in the game, though he's a bit situational due to invasion.
---
http://theaffectiveperspective.blog.com/
Q.E.D.
#7awwwSNAPPosted 3/4/2013 6:19:34 PM
sjaugust1 posted...

Don't lane Nautilus unless, situationally, you're supporting. He gets pushed around by pretty much every top and mid due to his early game squishiness as with shield down - and turning shield on pushes lane if you try to farm. I also wouldn't recommend building more damage than iceborn gauntlet, because surviving long enough to disrupt everything is more important than dps-ing. He is outclassed dps-wise by like every bruiser.
#8awwwSNAPPosted 3/4/2013 6:28:54 PM
Although I did just see you mention a lane mate. If you're at a level where solo top, solo mid, duo bot and a jungle isn't 99% of your games you could maybe get away with a build like the one you described, but go something like IBG and abyssal for your core. You could get Rylai's too I guess but don't get it and Frozen Mallet because they're redundant
#9LithspPosted 3/4/2013 6:36:24 PM
I had a fair bit of success last season laning him top, basically as a tanky AP kinda thing.

He's got some awesome burst, not many people expect it, and once you hit 6, if you were able to get ahead (hard to do as Naut), you can just kill people everytime your ult is up, or at least send them back.

He winds up being a CC machine either way, also he's not as tanky as you'd think, unless you build him tanky. He has the shield, but he's definitely squishier than you'd think.

I dunno, I had some mad fun. Everyone complains about it though.

I wouldn't make him AD, because what's the point? No AD steroid. No scaling with AD at all.
AD does nothing for him in anyway.
---
[]Signature[]
#10zeppelin312Posted 3/4/2013 6:59:48 PM
Tanky items and a Liandry;s is what you are looking for

if you really want the lane build I could see a nashors or wits or something else as well, but primarily you want to be a slab of beef

Randuin's/ FH is pretty mandatory most games, other defensive items based on the enemy