Tips and general advice for Zed?

#1KrKABUT0Posted 3/5/2013 12:49:19 AM
I just bought him and holy **** he is the most fun I've ever had with ANY champion in the game. Because of that, I want to make the best of him as well. What are some end game builds? What to do in team fights? How to pick off people who are by themselves?
---
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything.
#2FvPPosted 3/5/2013 12:52:32 AM
tag
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#3g-cube_mastaPosted 3/5/2013 1:01:22 AM
What to do in team fights?

Find the ranged AD carry

Mash buttons

Walk away

*squelch*

You have slain an enemy.

Then proceed to walk all the way back to the fountain like a boss (put your irl sunglasses on).

The team won't need you to clean up the rest of the fight just chill at fountain with the shopkeeper.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#4HabnotPosted 3/5/2013 1:10:56 AM
g-cube_masta posted...
What to do in team fights?

Find the ranged AD carry

Mash buttons

Walk away

*squelch*

You have slain an enemy.

Then proceed to walk all the way back to the fountain like a boss (put your irl sunglasses on).

The team won't need you to clean up the rest of the fight just chill at fountain with the shopkeeper.

Pros coordinate with their Ziggs and have him ult as they walk away.
---
Look, the point is to get him to go to the naked party, not correctly interpret the Bible. - Ridley X.
#5Masemune_100Posted 3/5/2013 1:20:40 AM
I've typed this **** out so many times lol.
General skill order is R>E>Q>W, but for specific match ups that are going to be more poke oriented (mostly people you never ever want to get close to, like Darius) then you max Q first.
Now, your job in the laning phase is to harass like an ass with Q and W+E, but use W+E sparingly unless you know that you aren't getting ganked any time soon or you have warded properly. When you hit 6, look to all in the person you're laning against. Poke them down to the health that you'll know you'll kill them (it's something you learn over time, the more health you can kill them from the less likely they'll flash). Either you blow their flash, or they die. And since Zed's ult is on a much, much shorter CD than Flash, you can do it again when they don't expect it and make sure they die.
At this time, your next objective depends on the lane you're in. If you're top, push like it's going out of style, bring their team up there while your team gets objectives, and spam shadows and laugh away because they aren't going to catch you. If you're mid, go bot and get really close with the enemy ADC. You'll be getting a lot of business from this man. (That means kill him)
Teamfights break out, look to get more free gold off the ADC. Don't use W to get in or do more damage unless you know you'll get out after ult. When you're waiting for someone to initiate, continue to poke with your shadow and skills, hoping your initiator takes advantage of all dat AoE.
So, what to build? Damage. Sustain start > Brutalizer > BotRK > Last Whisper > Bloodthirster > Frozen Mallet > Situational. If you need something to stop the hurt, pick up a Randuin's and drop it when you ult their carry. Want more damage throw another BT in there at some point. Get boots whenever, priority given to Merc Treads and CDR boots.

Hope that helps. It comes from someone who mains assassins lol.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#6LithspPosted 3/5/2013 2:16:51 AM
You R their ADC, then press all the buttons.

Seriously he's total derp mode.
---
[]Signature[]
#7gkh5Posted 3/5/2013 2:47:57 AM
I'd like to consider myself a pretty good Zed player, here's some things I'd recommend after lots of games with him.

-Q>E against melees, E>Q against ranged.

-LW > BC. Yes BC gives you lots of nice stats but with LW there is nothing to stop you from pretty much one-shotting any champ in the game late game.

-A solid build order is Dorans x 2 > Boots 1 and Bloodthirster > Giants belt and boots 2 --> LW. This gives you more than enough power to one-shot carries and enough tankiness to live long enough to do it. If the game is still going, grab a BotRK and finish your giants belt item. Once you have your BotRK you become a serious tank buster which is great if you have another person on your team that can dive effectively or a very good late game carry like Vayne that you need to peel for. Your combined damage + the mark WILL down anything late game.

-So you've harassed them down and want to go for the kill. This is what works best 90% of the time: R (ignite while dashing to them)-->E-->Q-->R to shadow and AA-->chase/escape with W.

Optimally, you wait for an initiation, blow up the ADC, shadow out and start melting their front line with your ADC.
---
LoL IGN: alpha10
#8Masemune_100Posted 3/5/2013 3:10:50 AM
Lithsp posted...

The amount of fail in this statement is high. It explains why you think Talon is better though, mostly because you don't know how to play Zed at all.
Being a moron with ult is a good way to die though. I'll give you that.
---
GT - Judgement Blade
#9LithspPosted 3/5/2013 3:12:38 AM
Masemune_100 posted...
Lithsp posted...

The amount of fail in this statement is high. It explains why you think Talon is better though, mostly because you don't know how to play Zed at all.

:)

Success.
---
[]Signature[]
#10Masemune_100Posted 3/5/2013 3:14:58 AM
Lithsp posted...
Masemune_100 posted...
Lithsp posted...

:)

Success.

Oh, that was a joke? I'm just so used to seeing your name and then immediately associating it with some kind of silly statement that you're serious about.
---
GT - Judgement Blade