So how's Maokai nowadays?

#1pk1285Posted 3/5/2013 4:19:43 AM
I remember Maokai used to be a godmode ganker in the jungle, but how is he in S3 now? I'm asking this because I'm thinking of playing him.
---
LoL: Peeeks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB-pAPiMF44
#2TheBigCheese42Posted 3/5/2013 4:24:07 AM
Sleeper op Mid Assassin.
---
Through the fire of elo hell I CARRY OOOOOOOOOOONNN!
#3SomnambulisticPosted 3/5/2013 4:24:53 AM
Still a godmode ganker and an excellent pick for jungle if your team needs the CC. It's just that a lot of people opt for more bruiser-type junglers these days, or if they want heavy CC, they'll just pick Amumu.
---
Gotta get that candy corn.
#4Fenrir the WolfPosted 3/5/2013 4:24:55 AM
He's still a great ganker. The meta's just shifted slightly towards more carry-style junglers like Hecarim, Vi, and Xin
---
And then John was a zombie.
#5Ferd_Da_BirdPosted 3/5/2013 4:56:51 AM
Maokai's freaking awesome. Tons of damage without any AP whatsoever, Tons of tankiness, great utility, brings a lot to a team fight and great ganking in addition to a better than average clear.

Also midkai is sleeper op mid versus less bursty champs. At lv 3, he can take out nearly half of their hp with his combo.
---
Never give up.
Never surrender.
#6FreshSushiPosted 3/5/2013 5:01:25 AM
Bad.

Midkai was alright till they buffed BoTRK. Before you could rely on being tanky and bursting pretty much any squishy down. Now you just die. You have mana issues. You have terrible scaling moves (you have practically no ult as mid and your E's damage output is going to be all over the place).

His jungle is mediocre. He has strong early game ganks, but guess what, so does Xin. And currently the game completely favors AD bruisers, not AP ones.
---
Hidetaka Miyazaki, Shinji Mikami
Please come back Q_Q
#7KingEtemonPosted 3/5/2013 5:02:28 AM
Still strong and sexy ;)
---
~Gujin
HAIL TO THE KING, BABY
#8Black_AssassinPosted 3/5/2013 5:03:13 AM
warmog + visage + passive = neverdie
#9PhoenixNinePosted 3/5/2013 5:04:25 AM
I want to say he's still fine but...he has seen better days.
---
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~
#10Ferd_Da_BirdPosted 3/5/2013 5:09:52 AM
FreshSushi posted...
Bad.

Midkai was alright till they buffed BoTRK. Before you could rely on being tanky and bursting pretty much any squishy down. Now you just die. You have mana issues. You have terrible scaling moves (you have practically no ult as mid and your E's damage output is going to be all over the place).

His jungle is mediocre. He has strong early game ganks, but guess what, so does Xin. And currently the game completely favors AD bruisers, not AP ones.

Waitwhat

Midkai doesn't rely on health, if he does that's your fault. How do you "just die"? Having mana issues is fine when you, oh I don't know, get blue and catalyst? Having one or both solves all my mana issues. If you have no ult as mid and e damage "all over the place" then that's your fault. Place the ult in their burst, have your own burst. Throw E right at them as you W to them, and bam, full E damage. It's not that hard.

His jungle is far fro mediocre. Comparing Maokai jungle to Xin jungle is like comparing Zed mid to Viktor mid, and saying zed is better in every way because he also has high burst and sustained damage (?!?!?!). And, how does the game "favor" ad bruisers? The meta shifted, not any sort of game preference.

I'm sorry, but you obviously haven't played maokai almost at all or are bad at him to have these issues.
---
Never give up.
Never surrender.