So how's Maokai nowadays?

#11BiglabronPosted 3/5/2013 4:28:42 AM(edited)
good as ever, his ult is quite invaluable for team fights.

Champions put out more dmg these days with the pen changes you say? BOTRK stronger you say? Better Maokai ult then and reduce all of that by 20%.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#12FreshSushiPosted 3/5/2013 4:24:37 AM(edited)
Ferd_Da_Bird posted...
FreshSushi posted...
Bad.

Midkai was alright till they buffed BoTRK. Before you could rely on being tanky and bursting pretty much any squishy down. Now you just die. You have mana issues. You have terrible scaling moves (you have practically no ult as mid and your E's damage output is going to be all over the place).

His jungle is mediocre. He has strong early game ganks, but guess what, so does Xin. And currently the game completely favors AD bruisers, not AP ones.

Waitwhat

Midkai doesn't rely on health, if he does that's your fault. How do you "just die"? Having mana issues is fine when you, oh I don't know, get blue and catalyst? Having one or both solves all my mana issues. If you have no ult as mid and e damage "all over the place" then that's your fault. Place the ult in their burst, have your own burst. Throw E right at them as you W to them, and bam, full E damage. It's not that hard.

His jungle is far fro mediocre. Comparing Maokai jungle to Xin jungle is like comparing Zed mid to Viktor mid, and saying zed is better in every way because he also has high burst and sustained damage (?!?!?!). And, how does the game "favor" ad bruisers? The meta shifted, not any sort of game preference.

I'm sorry, but you obviously haven't played maokai almost at all or are bad at him to have these issues.

I actually started writing a rebuttal but then I saw this and realized I'm talking to a rock.

Scratch that, the analogy is so ****ing bad and pointless I got a stroke.
---
Hidetaka Miyazaki, Shinji Mikami
Please come back Q_Q
#13Ferd_Da_BirdPosted 3/5/2013 2:10:10 PM
FreshSushi posted...
Ferd_Da_Bird posted...
FreshSushi posted...
Bad.

Midkai was alright till they buffed BoTRK. Before you could rely on being tanky and bursting pretty much any squishy down. Now you just die. You have mana issues. You have terrible scaling moves (you have practically no ult as mid and your E's damage output is going to be all over the place).

His jungle is mediocre. He has strong early game ganks, but guess what, so does Xin. And currently the game completely favors AD bruisers, not AP ones.

Waitwhat

Midkai doesn't rely on health, if he does that's your fault. How do you "just die"? Having mana issues is fine when you, oh I don't know, get blue and catalyst? Having one or both solves all my mana issues. If you have no ult as mid and e damage "all over the place" then that's your fault. Place the ult in their burst, have your own burst. Throw E right at them as you W to them, and bam, full E damage. It's not that hard.

His jungle is far fro mediocre. Comparing Maokai jungle to Xin jungle is like comparing Zed mid to Viktor mid, and saying zed is better in every way because he also has high burst and sustained damage (?!?!?!). And, how does the game "favor" ad bruisers? The meta shifted, not any sort of game preference.

I'm sorry, but you obviously haven't played maokai almost at all or are bad at him to have these issues.

I actually started writing a rebuttal but then I saw this and realized I'm talking to a rock.

Scratch that, the analogy is so ****ing bad and pointless I got a stroke.

My point is that the game does not inherently favor bruisers over every other champion. You can still be strong without being a bruiser, something you do nothing to address.
---
Never give up.
Never surrender.
#14ToPoPOPosted 3/5/2013 2:24:50 PM
yea he's not that good, but he's not complete crap

BOTRK doesn't do anything to him(he has low health to compensate for his passive and all the godly items in S3 are coupled with armor and health), magic damage kills him and is the real problem so he can't do much to double ap comps or any high damage sustained AP like swain or karthus

his ganking isn't too safe compared to someone like Xin, it's easy to flash into your own turret and force his flash or kill him outright with ignite and burst

he has insane mana problems which used to be solved by Frozen Heart, but that item isn't worth it because he's gonna get nuked to oblivion by ap casters, so he basically needs a banshee's if he wants any decent uptime with his ult

He still has godly protection and peel though, so his late game isn't utter s***