BoTRK nerf not that bad.

#212Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 3/5/2013 2:56:55 PM
Wouldn't someone like Jax or Xin still build Botrk? With all their AS they would more benefit from the passive.
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
#22UnderwaterAirPosted 3/5/2013 3:02:38 PM
BotRK over BT for 3200 gold? lol
If you're building BotRK over BT you better be Kog'maw or Vayne.
A case can also be made for Caitlyn, Tristana, Varus. Anyone else and you're just bad.

If you build both you better be Vayne or Kog'maw.
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#23Sir Spiffy CapePosted 3/5/2013 3:04:29 PM
BoTRK nerf is alright. Now it is a counter item, you buy it to counter their HP.

Before the nerf it had so much stats you could just buy it for that attack speed, attack damage, lifesteal AND chase/escape tool all in 1 item for cheap. The on-hit was more of a VERY GOOD extra than anything else.

Now, the cost efficiency went down considerably, so it's only worth buying when its on-hit is worth getting.
---
A game that promotes slavery and gambling under the illusion of 'friendship' and 'sportsmanship' is automatically an awesome game. - dydt
#24Triikz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 3:06:34 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#25the_rowanPosted 3/5/2013 3:12:22 PM
Triikz posted...
Ok, why in the **** would you ever take BotRK over BT? I always built BotRK in ADDITION to BT. BT was and is still the best raw damage item in the game. So why would you ever replace it? I just replaced my statik shiv as it offered the same AtkSpd boost while allowing for awesome life steal and amazing health shred.

Seriously if you were cutting BT out of your build in favor of BotRK, you just proved how bad you are at this game.

EDIT: This is regarding an ADC build. The role that the redesigned BotRK was designed to help most.

You're absolutely terrible if you get both. Not getting IE and another crit item is massively gimping your damage. BT is not the best raw damage item in the game for autoattacks, IE is. You can take BT first if you want to use its trading power with AD-scaling skills to snowball your lane, or take BotRK first if you want to use its powerful active while getting some attack speed so you can grab IE next, but taking both before IE + PD/SS is going to result in delaying your endgame where you do the most consistent damage by too much.

Have people really forgotten that the reason ADCs scale so hard is because of crit?
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#26lightdragoon88Posted 3/5/2013 3:14:06 PM
the_rowan posted...
Triikz posted...
Ok, why in the **** would you ever take BotRK over BT? I always built BotRK in ADDITION to BT. BT was and is still the best raw damage item in the game. So why would you ever replace it? I just replaced my statik shiv as it offered the same AtkSpd boost while allowing for awesome life steal and amazing health shred.

Seriously if you were cutting BT out of your build in favor of BotRK, you just proved how bad you are at this game.

EDIT: This is regarding an ADC build. The role that the redesigned BotRK was designed to help most.

You're absolutely terrible if you get both. Not getting IE and another crit item is massively gimping your damage. BT is not the best raw damage item in the game for autoattacks, IE is. You can take BT first if you want to use its trading power with AD-scaling skills to snowball your lane, or take BotRK first if you want to use its powerful active while getting some attack speed so you can grab IE next, but taking both before IE + PD/SS is going to result in delaying your endgame where you do the most consistent damage by too much.

Have people really forgotten that the reason ADCs scale so hard is because of crit?

And Triikz calls us bad.
---
My favorite League of Legend Champion: http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q7BrWKG.png
#27Triikz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 3:20:11 PM
the_rowan posted...
Triikz posted...

Never said I didnt get IE on ADCs. Of course I get it... I typically build either IE/BT start, PD, then either IE/BT depending on which I got first, then BotRK, then situational. There are boots in there also but I get boots at different times depending on who Im playing as and how the games going.

Of course taking BotRK is still situational though, just as it was before. If the enemy team is stacking armor, then you cant afford to go BotRK as you will need the slot for Last Whisper. But in this current meta of health stacking that is pretty rare unless youre in higher elo.
---
I dont always argue with idiots. But when I do, I prefer Gamefaqs...
#28awwwSNAPPosted 3/5/2013 3:31:30 PM(edited)
I don't know why everybody's panties are in a twist about this being changed to a bruiser and situational ADC item rather than a must-buy for every single champ that autoattacks. Relax guys. It still works. It still shreds hp just fine. If you're the adc you should have higher priorities than focusing their warmogs-wearing bruisers first anyway.
#29UnderwaterAirPosted 3/5/2013 3:34:09 PM
If you're the ADC the only thing you will be attacking in a given situation will be the Warmog + Randuin bruiser with a gapcloser and can burst 80% of your hp in 3 seconds.
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!