xDarknezzx posted...
hes not good anymore
dont bother

He wasn't good before
He's better now

last time he was good was season 2
#12g-cube_mastaPosted 3/6/2013 5:30:48 AM
Too many people are hypnotized by Tiger

you have to play him Classic Udyr Style.

RWEQ maxing

build full tank picking up attack speed and cdr where you can

Udyr's base stats and base damages are very good and he has steroids throughout his kit.

Furor/Alacrity are amazing for him.

Because you don't have a dash/blink gap closer you need to amass a crapton of movespeed so you can just run at people and give 0 f---s.

People forget his passive was buffed and if you have three stacks of it you get a 12% increase in total armor and mr

A random example late game build (if you had money flying out your ass):

Boots of Swiftness + Alacrity/Furor
Frozen Fist
Zephyr
Runic Bulwark
Sunfire Cape
Spirit of the Elder Lizard

Other food items:

Trinity Force
Blade of the Ruined King
Wit's End
Randuin's
Spirit Visage
Frozen Heart
Shurelia's
Spirit of the Ancient Golem
Thornmail (underrated)
Warmog's Armor

Fun items that work:

Banner of Command
Nashor's Tooth
Ohmwrecker

Basically counter-build the enemy team comp through defensive items and then if you're ahead or your team lacks damage you can pick up some of the more offensive options (FF, TF, BoRK)

Always have tenacity in your build. Either Zephyr, Mercs, or Ancient Golem.

Around 20% minimum is a good mark but the more CDR you get the more you can do (turtle spamming gets ridiculous when you have such high resists that the shield takes much effort to break).

The items are expensive, yes, but Udyr gets lots of money in stats through his abilities and you can use these steroids to megafarm the jungle as well as counterjungle.

Best in comps that have strong CC in the lane (Ryze mid, Taric bot, Jarvan top). Udyr does a deceptively large amount of early game damage so if the lane can offer what he lacks in gap closing (through stunning them) then he can follow up with his stun/red buff and force summoners + get kills.

He doesn't do too well in turret sieges but he is a very strong split-pusher (esp if you try ohmwrecker ;p lol). In teamfights it is same old same old stun everything in sight once, start doing damage, maybe turtle to tank or bear to start stunning things again.

Overall he's in a very "okay" position. Situational pick but not as bad as people cry about him being.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#13g-cube_mastaPosted 3/6/2013 10:02:37 PM
Instead of acting like I know things, I'll just regurgitate what saint says.

QEQEQE etc until forced to get W.

Wriggles/AS tanky items.

oh yeah this is really gimmicky and imo it's not a good idea
---
#14FlareZeroPosted 3/6/2013 10:08:31 PM
I'm done with all the people claiming he's much better this season. He's not. His niche was counter jungling last season. He can't do it as quickly and without gap closers (along with items like Sightstone), he has a harder time ganking. He'll be great at low elo because nobody knows what a ward is. He can still be tanky late game, but that's if you get to late game to get his items.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#15TomorrowDogPosted 3/6/2013 10:13:12 PM
Lithsp posted...
JaggiJumper posted...
Instead of acting like I know things, I'll just regurgitate what saint says.

QEQEQE etc until forced to get W.

Wriggles/AS tanky items.

Why no W?

It's like a huge part of his kit, for me. Saved me many times.

Shield isn't as important early on. Hardly anybody is going to duel Udyr and they'll just choose when to fight him, what is important is catching people and unloading your disgusting Tiger damage. It is "riskier" but it is how you have more map presence and make plays and get ahead.

I wouldn't say S2-style Udyr is bad, but it definitely isn't the immovable rock it once was and it isn't going to let you carry from jungle if the need arises.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#16g-cube_mastaPosted 3/6/2013 10:58:01 PM
I'm done with all the people claiming he's much better this season. He's not. His niche was counter jungling last season. He can't do it as quickly and without gap closers (along with items like Sightstone), he has a harder time ganking. He'll be great at low elo because nobody knows what a ward is. He can still be tanky late game, but that's if you get to late game to get his items.

fwiw I'm not saying he's better this season. He was great in novemberish of 2011. That was when he was best.

I said he's okay now. When they made the jungle into babby mode they kind of crippled his greatest strength.
---
#17Shadow EdgePosted 3/6/2013 11:01:16 PM
S1 was who gets Udyr first.
---
ns
#18FlareZeroPosted 3/6/2013 11:21:03 PM
g-cube_masta posted...
fwiw I'm not saying he's better this season. He was great in novemberish of 2011. That was when he was best.

I said he's okay now. When they made the jungle into babby mode they kind of crippled his greatest strength.

I didn't mean you specifically. There's been people floating around the board saying he's the best thing ever this season and it was a major buff to him. I just don't see it unless you're playing low elo scrubs.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#19PhoenixNine(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 4:25:01 PM
Tried him out a bit.

Classic Udyr, minus the Wit's End, doing good.

Swifties, Golem, Glacial, Locket
---
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~
#20g-cube_mastaPosted 3/7/2013 4:30:25 PM
Yeah just focus on being a tank, try stunning as much as you can and rely on your base damages to contribute to kills.
---