In my ranked climb i've decided to main Riven, anyone have tips?

#1FootballFan2Posted 3/6/2013 3:06:52 AM
I've really been enjoying playing her as of recently and just wanted to get your guy's input on some stuff.

My typical build is:
16/14/0

AD Reds
Armor Yellows
MR/Level Blues
AD Quints/Lifesteal if the lane is tough

Pots/Wards or Cloth/pots
Brutalizer/Hexdrinker
Bloodthirster
Ionian boots
Black Cleaver/Maw
Randuins
Ravenous/Last Whisper

The only problem i've noticed is in teamfights, what should I do exactly should I all in the enemy carry, protect my carry, or be part of the frontline?

Also is it possible to dash over walls? Cause if so I've been having quite a bit of trouble with it.
---
Do it
#2FvPPosted 3/6/2013 3:09:23 AM(edited)
Cannot dash over walls

From what I've seen with Cris, he doesn't team fight as much as get kills from 1v1
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#3crosooPosted 3/6/2013 3:11:35 AM
i use best rivens na build 21 /9 with points in hp reg because rivens is so low and watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEmy70ezFTw&list=UUsFexj5HcbJrrB336H4HBnw&index=4

You want to stack AD and go for kills early, as soon as lvl 1.
#4Silvanus350Posted 3/6/2013 3:24:49 AM(edited)
FootballFan2 posted...
The only problem i've noticed is in teamfights, what should I do exactly should I all in the enemy carry, protect my carry, or be part of the frontline?

Now, I don't play Riven, but I'm going to throw my two cents in here. I just don't see how Riven can protect her AD carry - she doesn't have the kit to disable enemy champs like Leona or Alistair. I imagine Riven ought to be doing what all bruisers do - dive the enemy carry. You have four skills which facilitate this:

A) Your Valor (E) is a dash which also shields you from incoming damage - use it to close with your target.
B) Your Ki Burst (W) is a stun which disables enemies in an AoE - use it to stun your target.
C) Your Broken Wings (Q) is a gap-closer which deals damage - use it to chase your target.
D) Your Wind Slash (R) is a long-range poke - use it to finish your target.

This is just my look at her skills - again, I've never played the champ.
---
You are now breathing manually.
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ~ |||||||||||||||||||| ~ ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#5EnricoMarini01Posted 3/6/2013 3:40:05 AM(edited)
FootballFan2 posted...

You wait and dive their backline. You usually try to all-in the carry, except, you usually want to do it without dying as you're not so much tanky, as just survivable.

Riven 's pretty bad at peeling if you relegate her to that job (a sligut knock up and a slight stun barely helps protect the carry)

Also is it possible to dash over walls? Cause if so I've been having quite a bit of trouble with it.

You can only jump on the small slope at Blue side Blue buff, and Purple Side Blue Buff with the 3rd Q (the small uphill stuff by the bushes). Otherwise, you can't dash through walls.
---
"Speculation is not hard evidence; it is the refuge of those who cannot prove their point."
~ ArtosRC
#6PyrizzlaPosted 3/6/2013 3:47:44 AM
As much as I love riven.
Unless you get fed early on you cannot carry the game nor protect your Adc. Riven works best as a glass cannon (well used to) so she can't tank. And if you build her tanky she doesn't do enough damage.

I love my riven and I rape hard in normals but ranked she's not as effective
---
Lol: Pyrizzla Main: Riven, Renekton, Diana, MF, Olaf, Vayne, Leona - Slowly battling ELO HELL
Official Alucard of the Gamefaqs Board