strongest support right now?

#1xRustySpoonPosted 3/6/2013 4:39:03 AM
my vote goes to Thresh
---
Get dumpstered.
LoL/Steam: xRustySpoon Follow these tips and you'll be fraggin' like a pro.
#2Luster_SlyPosted 3/6/2013 4:40:35 AM
Taric
---
http://i.imgur.com/4WWRR.png
#3LithspPosted 3/6/2013 4:41:41 AM
Thresh vote here.

I think Nami has the potential to be up there but it hasn't been realized yet.

Also, Taric.
---
[]Signature[]
#4lightdragoon88Posted 3/6/2013 4:43:42 AM
Sona
---
My favorite League of Legend Champion: http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q7BrWKG.png
#5FvPPosted 3/6/2013 4:44:48 AM
Thresh / Lulu / Taric
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#6DeleveleDPosted 3/6/2013 4:45:49 AM
I won't answer who I think the strongest support is, but IMO, the weakest supports right now are probably both Janna and Nami.

I've only seen one good Nami, but that isn't enough for me to consider her strong, and besides her Passive (when alive), Janna contributes almost absolutely nothing to a team. Oh sure, she can disengage a possible initiation, but once she blows her ult just for that, what's stopping the other team from doing it again? Howling Gale? I don't think so.
---
The statement below is false.
The statement above is true.
#7LithspPosted 3/6/2013 4:48:05 AM
DeleveleD posted...
I won't answer who I think the strongest support is, but IMO, the weakest supports right now are probably both Janna and Nami.

I've only seen one good Nami, but that isn't enough for me to consider her strong, and besides her Passive (when alive), Janna contributes almost absolutely nothing to a team. Oh sure, she can disengage a possible initiation, but once she blows her ult just for that, what's stopping the other team from doing it again? Howling Gale? I don't think so.

At least you said "IMO". :)
---
[]Signature[]
#8random_noobiePosted 3/6/2013 4:52:58 AM(edited)
Lithsp posted...
Thresh vote here.

I think Nami has the potential to be up there but it hasn't been realized yet.

Also, Taric.

thresh/taric.

nami has the potential, but, its doubtful that it'll be realized. her difficulty (leading with her Q, using her bounces properly, leading her ult) and general "mehness" means she'll never really come into popularity.

why?

thresh/taric/leona exist. all of them are much easier to use and their effect on the game is much more obvious and prevalent: thresh hooks/lantern, taric's trademark stun/shatter, leona's CC-bot effects, etc.

then, of course, you have lulu and zyra, both of which offer so much damage, along with utility.

sona has her extreme poke/sustain/AOE CC, etc.

nami's one saving grace is her sustain and peelability. she also does really well at countering aggressive plays and she's also an aggressive support.

i still don't get why people classify her as a "passive" support. apparently, i've been playing her wrong for four months.

EDIT: nami also has the lowest damage potential when built as support (her intended role) than every other champion in the game.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays
#9PhoenixNinePosted 3/6/2013 4:49:55 AM
DeleveleD posted...

Janna gives your AD a BF sword.
---
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~
#10xDarknezzxPosted 3/6/2013 4:53:48 AM
Lithsp posted...
DeleveleD posted...

At least you said "IMO". :)

i dont get why people are expected to label everything they say with "o its just my opinion"
hes the one saying it so of course its his opinion