Full flat ap vs full magic pen

#1Unit1027Posted 3/6/2013 5:51:49 AM
Which is better? My friend told me magic pen are so i kinda wanna ask riot for refund on my runes.
#2DeleveleDPosted 3/6/2013 5:57:40 AM
AP for early game, which can be devastating if you manage to pull a lead and acquire/quickly stack more AP from items.

MPen in the long run.
---
The statement below is false.
The statement above is true.
#3Black_AssassinPosted 3/6/2013 6:02:59 AM
DeleveleD posted...
MPen in the long run.

Flat mpen is most effective at low amounts of mres though, because of diminishing returns with stacking resistances.
#4BiglabronPosted 3/6/2013 6:06:55 AM(edited)
champ dependant.

If you are someone like gragas/sion AP all the way. These 2 champs specifically are still recommended to rush 2 dorans rings.

Look up the champs you play the most and see what their ratios are. If 2 or more spells of their kit is .8 or higher ap might be better.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#5ssj4supervegetaPosted 3/6/2013 6:12:41 AM
Black_Assassin posted...
DeleveleD posted...
MPen in the long run.

Flat mpen is most effective at low amounts of mres though, because of diminishing returns with stacking resistances.

stacking resistances has become extremely uncommon tho. and with the change to pen it makes sense.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#6kourkourPosted 3/6/2013 6:16:13 AM
champ dependant.

If you are someone like gragas/sion AP all the way. These 2 champs specifically are still recommended to rush 2 dorans rings.

Look up the champs you play the most and see what their ratios are. If 2 or more spells of their kit is .8 or higher ap might be better.

Pretty much, the higher your AP ratios, the more you should prefer AP over Mpen.
---
"stereotypical internet guy" -Fuzzy_Blanket
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/kourkour/xcluded.jpg
#7SlaynPosted 3/6/2013 6:45:20 AM
Magic pen reds
AP quints

I like mpen because of how good an early guise is. No one really takes MR any more, so easy to get true damage.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#8Unit1027(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 1:21:12 PM
Biglabron posted...
champ dependant.

Hows full magic pen on fizz?
#9Price_Of_FamePosted 3/6/2013 1:22:58 PM
Ap ratios

high flat ap. low mpen
---
It's a Chastain world and we are all just living in it.
#10kaysa13Posted 3/6/2013 1:27:12 PM
Slayn posted...
Magic pen reds
AP quints

I like mpen because of how good an early guise is. No one really takes MR any more, so easy to get true damage.

---
This is a signature.