How is Xerath atm?

#11FvPPosted 3/6/2013 3:31:45 PM
I went like 14-0 with him against intermediate bots last night. Definitely OP.

nerf pls
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#12iPWNtheNoobs(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 8:13:12 PM
bump
---
Trolling is a art
#13Knight_Of_OrderPosted 3/8/2013 8:20:41 PM
justdeath1 posted...
as a xerath player i would like to say.......
LB breaks him badly
Strong in good comps, countered by silence, high skill cap(took me at least 100 games to master the range of his W with smartcast) need blue

LB breaks pretty much every AP mid.

Anyway, having a free Void Staff is pretty ridiculous, grab a Liandris and watch as your poke melts everyone.
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#14Wet_moonPosted 3/8/2013 8:25:24 PM
Some people like Xerath some people hate him. I am convinced because of this fact the peoples opinions on how good he is is very skewed.

Personally I love him and I think hes pretty good. People used to say sleeper op but boring. Then they seemed to say not very good and boring. Now people have seen him get the slightest bit of pro use and you don't see people calling him trash anymore.
---
You can't fire me, I don't work in this van!
#15robertoIIPosted 3/9/2013 4:22:58 AM
In a sense, I'm kind of happy that so few people use him; I'm not really the kind of player to go for mainstream characters. I tend to use characters that fit my playstyle than go for what's easy. It just so happens that Xerath made me feel really comfy; same applies for Veigar, who is also not widely used compared to other champs. I wonder if this applies to AP Ezreal?

Anyways, Xerath is a great poker. In team fights, stay far back from allies and poke from there, but beware of assassins sneaking up behind you or diving you; if ANY enemy champs attempts to even get near me, I back away until they give up and are forced to focus on something/someone else. In mid game (When you're about 13) your poking potential skyrockets to extreme distances and consistency thanks to W's CD of 3-4 seconds. Late game really depends on your performance and item build; if you wanna go tanky, build Athenes, Rylai, RoA, or Abyssal; armor is free thanks to your passive.

Using him is a different matter though; other than his short-range E, using skillshot takes some practice, but it's all worth it when you can kill champs under the FoW thanks to that range.

on a different note, I think it's already common knowledge for Xerath users: a good escape tool would be to go W (yes you'll be taking damage, but better that than dead, right?) then stun your chaser; the moment you hit your stun, remove W and bolt the heck out of there; MS is increased thanks to W.
---
PSN: robertoII
#16GainazzoPosted 3/9/2013 4:25:11 AM
He's strong but he ain't Lux
#17aHappySackaPosted 3/9/2013 4:28:34 AM(edited)
Very team reliant, quite weak against anyone that can heal themselves or others, and doesn't do the damage to carry lategame as he's mainly a burst caster.

Regardless when played well he just destroys.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#18iPWNtheNoobs(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 1:35:59 PM
Hmm. I plan on buying him.

Anyone have a list of order of champs being price reduced.
Don't want to buy him now to have him go down in a week or so.
1500 ip difference not too bad I might go for it if I feel need for a new champ.

I guess he next on my list.
---
Trolling is a art
#19awwwSNAPPosted 3/9/2013 1:42:06 PM(edited)
He's awesome in an arranged team or if you pick him after they have a mid already. He's rough against gapclosers like LB, Akali, Kat etc, but wrecks most traditional casters. Even against them though if you ERQRR as soon as they dive you will lay down a world of hurt. His passive helps against AD mids a bit, but Talon will still eat him. Pick him any time the other team has Ryze mid and enjoy your free win.
#20iPWNtheNoobs(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 7:34:27 PM
Alright cool.
---
Trolling is a art