Karma Visual Update and Rework info *Official*

#91SoraikuPosted 3/8/2013 3:35:33 AM
Komachi_Tachi posted...

(Sometimes they go too far, though. See: Sejuani, Syndra, Zyra, ect).

How did any of those go too far? Did they have original designs that were much worse that got reverted..? I'm not seeing it.
#9204DarkPosted 3/8/2013 3:42:33 AM
I wish the new skin would only be available to those that had her before the leak, but that's just a karma player's opinion

Same. I don't even own Karma. But I will buy her simply because I will get a skin out of it. I have over 20000 IP, why not squander 3150 of it.
I think it is wrong to have people buy her just to get a skin out of it.... But whatever. Thank you Riot!
I will be buying her in like 8 hours. Since LoL is telling me I disconnected from a match(despite me having not played since yesterday) and isn't letting me go to the main menu. I doubt her rework will be done by then so I'm good.
---
R.I.P. intrepid40 (7/13/08 - 3/28/12)
http://i.imgur.com/oYaWO.jpg
#93Komachi_TachiPosted 3/8/2013 7:00:30 AM
Komachi_Tachi posted...

How did any of those go too far? Did they have original designs that were much worse that got reverted..? I'm not seeing it.

Sejuani: She's supposed to be the "Winters Wrath", yet... she's wearing a fur swimsuit or something? Also, according to her lore, she: "sparred with the strongest warriors of her tribe, one after another, until her legs would give out beneath her. She sustained injuries that would have killed any other member of the tribe, but she would only rise again". That makes me think she's a grizzled warrior with lots of muscles, and scars, but nope. She's got the skin, and body of a swimsuit model(swimsuit included), and the face of a young girl. It's like they didn't even try.

Syndra: Okay, lets start from the top. Her helmet is AWESOME. I love it so much. Now move down a bit further and... What the hell is this corset... thing? Why does it have fabric on her stomach, yet look painted on her boobs? Why are the bottom of her corset and the straps mysteriously disappearing inside her really short skirt? It feels like her entire outfit is trying to divert your attention to her boobs and what's inside her skirt. Maybe it's because I'm not interested in those things, but the whole outfit falls apart for me, and I think she looks ridiculous.

Zyra: I love her arms and legs. Really captures the whole plant motif well. The rest of her body, though? She's covered in leaves, and she doesn't really have an outfit. I also don't like how the leaves are desperately trying to highlight her naughty bits(this again). I really wish they made her body look more like her arms and legs, instead of a human body covered with leaves. She looks like a freaking Garden of Eden reject. I think they could have done much better.

I don't hate female sexuality in this game(or any game), I just feel like riot gave them those revealing outfits just to get a couple more sales off sex appeal alone. I think that should only be for skins, and that champions should sell on their own merits. Not cause some pubescent boy got an erection looking at them, and rushed to use mommy's credit card. >_>
---
Gumshoe is my husbando. Hands OFF.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lskcvm4wIc1r45u0jo1_500.jpg
#94KeepItCivilPosted 3/8/2013 7:15:12 AM
MwarriorHiei posted...
i dont get why they complain about karma being too revealing and not about lee sin.

Lee Sin is just shirtless... big deal. Karma is showing her entire left leg, and thigh, along with a slight view of her left ass cheek

showing off his bulging muscles as the rain drips off his perfect abs.

Good Lord... I had never seen it that way.
---
FGC represent!
DignatoReRaised posted... Oh god are people gonna start talking about sodium content and being exposed.
#95WebBowserPosted 3/8/2013 8:24:56 AM
Let us not forget Kassadin's crotch horns
---
Enjoy writing your own stories? Like Pikmin? Want to enter a fully developed world with a blank slate to mold to your hearts content? PM Imboredsoimrest!
#96Komachi_TachiPosted 3/8/2013 8:41:06 AM

What...? I'm pretty sure they're on his waist.
---
Gumshoe is my husbando. Hands OFF.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lskcvm4wIc1r45u0jo1_500.jpg
#97ThereWasNoWayPosted 3/8/2013 8:59:53 AM
i'm with camel-rider on this one

she is currently fun, though pretty useless as an actual mage from what i've seen. her heal is nice, but u get max 2 per fight, and her shield is nice but you sre not as useful as, say, lux currently. so pumped for this rework since seeing her new default skin
---
"...and she said 'there was no way' "
#98WebBowserPosted 3/9/2013 10:45:28 AM
Komachi_Tachi posted...

What...? I'm pretty sure they're on his waist.

They're kinda low down... Dunno where to draw the actual line between waist and crotch and don't really feel like nitpicking.
---
Enjoy writing your own stories? Like Pikmin? Want to enter a fully developed world with a blank slate to mold to your hearts content? PM Imboredsoimrest!
#99Suffer_NotPosted 3/9/2013 12:23:41 PM

Zyra: I totally agree with you, Zyra is a mess of visual design. She has thorn high heels, and that's something I can't justify through the lore.

Syndra's stupid corset thing is stupid. However, what's more distressing is her lack of feet. If you look at her model, each foot is about half the size of a hand. If Syndra's model had any sort of anatomical sense to it, I'd agree that her outfit is trash. But her proportions are so out of place that I must assume she has ascended to some sort of non-euclidean creature that defies conventional physics.

Sejuani is from Freljord, which is really cold. The League of Legends is in a temperate zone. Were she to wear her full outfit, she'd be uncomfortably warm. For someone like Ashe, the solution is to purchase clothing appropriate to her new location. For someone like Tryndamere or Sejuani, they rely on a more elegant solution which is to just take clothes off until they are comfortable. It fits better with their 'barbarian chieftain' mentality.

For her curves, I think Riot is still using the excuse of "Our engine does not show femininity well from a zoomed out view, so we have to exaggerate things else all the women would look like Ezreal". I can remember Iron Stylus taslking about this problem with Diana (she got long hair to compensate) and Quinn (several people in the office mistook her for a man when looking just at the model in game, to his amusement).
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#100EcchiBakaPosted 3/9/2013 12:29:03 PM
I don't get it. You guys do realize that there are some who complain that the female designs aren't feminine enough and that's usually who they get to that point?

I don't see why people argue over such trivial matters. I can argue all day about how Ahri should look sexier than Miss Fortune but you don't see me crying about it :/

Go play something else kids.
---
LoL: Ecchi Baka/TheGreatestBaka. Give me ecchi manga recommendations!
http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png