Dammit, Dyrus is playing solotop Shyv. :(

#11Somnambulistic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 10:37:45 PM(edited)
What does one build on this top shyvana

Zephyr, Wit's End, BotRK are all very very good buys because they synergize with her kit so damn amazingly. Ravenous Hydra can also be a great buy depending on circumstances (basically if you're facerolling and teamfights are starting). Randuin's and GA both great for defense.
---
Gotta get that candy corn.
#12Lord SojiroPosted 3/6/2013 10:41:17 PM(edited)
Dark_Dc posted...
Lord Sojiro posted...
Top Shyvana can get pushed out of lane by anyone with ranged harass. She has strong damage, but nothing else.

She's got pushing power and an escape in her ult, not to mention good MS for kiting a gank.

No mana either, punishes melee ranges with W.

What I said still stands. She does have strong damage and pushing power, but ranged harass will still push her out of lane.

She can be a counterpick, but she can be easily counterpicked against.
---
Oh no! It's Idiot power!
#13Somnambulistic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 10:43:55 PM(edited)
Counterpicks are also a lot more irrelevant than people realize because everything is a skill matchup to a bigger extent.
---
#14Hyper InfernoPosted 3/6/2013 10:45:53 PM
If someone camps you, it's really hard to recover and be useful to your team. Most other bruiser-ish tops have some sort of CC in their abilities that they can at least do a couple times after building tanky after being camped. Shyvana just has her ult and armor shred.

Of course, if you're being camped, that means your jungler should be helping mid and bot get kills (and dragons).

Also, if the opponent team lane-swaps, you're going to get like 3 CS before your tower falls.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#15Lord SojiroPosted 3/6/2013 10:46:22 PM
ElderPredator12 posted...
Counterpicks are also a lot more irrelevant than people realize because everything is a skill matchup to a bigger extent.

True, but they still matter. I can see Jayce and Kayle being really hard for Shyvana.
---
Oh no! It's Idiot power!
#16Somnambulistic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 10:50:26 PM(edited)
They certainly matter. But people always act like it's the most important factor in the lane. It's not. The player skill is.

I mean just last match I went top as Renek against a Garen, the champ who is undoubtedly considered one of Renek's hardest counters. I only had a single gank from my jungler. Went 7-1-2 before laning phase even ended.

Theorycrafting and talking about "Well X should happen and then you're screwed" or "X has advantage over Y because Z, therefore X wins all the time" is not a healthy perspective on this game, because it's very unrealistic. >_>
---
#17FFFanboy78912Posted 3/8/2013 7:05:03 PM
Lord Sojiro posted...
ElderPredator12 posted...

True, but they still matter. I can see Jayce and Kayle being really hard for Shyvana.

Jayce definitely, but with kayle (early game anyway) you can just wait for her e to run out then charge in/farm/whatever. The key is to time aggression in that lane. Against jayce thought? Yeah screw that.