How to stop a duo queue bot from ruining the game

#1VikillaVPosted 3/7/2013 1:27:41 AM
Everyone knows that most duo bots suck. But there's a small amount that are actually good. Lolking them first and see if they have decent stats. If they don't, this is where my strategy comes in.

Demand that you want ADC. If you demand support, that half of the duo might just do horribly in another lane and you can only do so much as support. They'll probably say something like, "no, ______ and me bot." This is where most players just give in to the bossy attitude of the duo queue and don't try to make a stand. If you pick before them, pick your ADC and lock in. If you pick after them, pick ADC anyways and someone on your team will dodge. There's going to be little chance that you'll run into the duo in the next queue. Who knows, you might stomp them and laugh at the enemy team for having bad luck. Seacrest out.
---
nWo LEGIT
#2Susan0Posted 3/7/2013 1:28:59 AM
Or, you can just play it as normal, and report them if they feed like there's no tomorrow
---
Official Daedric Prince of Madness of All Boards
Akali is my Waifu~ Now, You DIE :D
#3BenaldricPosted 3/7/2013 1:33:53 AM
Susan0 posted...
Or, you can just play it as normal, and report them if they feed like there's no tomorrow

but then you lose a ranked game and precious lp
---
Pokemon D code: 2149 5920 7371 name: Sky
AC:CF Code 4597 4684 3513 oakvale,Ben
#4thedarklordx3Posted 3/10/2013 9:26:21 AM
frankly, as long as they don't feed the enemy ADC, and if the support is lux, then don't feed her either

I could care less what they do

I always play a bruiser so I'm always in a position to carry a game if necessary
---
Jax is the single greatest champion in League of Legends(TL:DR: Jax OP)
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
#5FlareZeroPosted 3/10/2013 9:32:56 AM
Dodge.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#6hyorinryuPosted 3/10/2013 10:02:17 AM
Idk when people are so mad about duos. What's wrong with a duo bot anyway? Wouldn't you want the two people who likely know each other and are using skype to be in the roles that require communication the most? Usually if people insist on not letting us duo bot lane, the next thing we shoot for is having one guy jungle and the other get a solo lane.

Tbh, though, most of the time when I duo with a friend, it's one of the other guys that feed and it's on us to carry.
---
Not changing this sig unless a sequel for Kirby Air Ride is released or I change my mind Started 8 12 2008
#7BoogyyPosted 3/10/2013 10:06:36 AM
If you use the excuse of communication for duo bot, the communication would be a lot better with a jungler/top or jungler/mid combo since they can coordinate ganks and snowball two to three carrying roles while securing plenty objectives early (buff ganks, dragons, towers). Having duo bot limits two players into one possible carrying position, and plus... it's not like adc/support communication is so insanely vital and superior to a solo queue combo down there. It's wasted potential, and it usually shows.

Not to mention, people that think duo bot is the superior idea for duo combinations already show a lack of mechanical thinking.
---
Flowers are really unbalance
#8eco masterPosted 3/10/2013 10:13:33 AM
hyorinryu posted...
What's wrong with a duo bot anyway?

I don't have a problem with duo bot itself, but the most common form of duo bot involves one of them being first pick, one of them being last pick. You can look up people who do this after the game, and fairly often, one person has been playing for a lot longer than the three solos, and one person just hit level 30, and most importantly, the duo are often not even in the same metal tier. Duo queues like that screw up matchmaking pretty badly, as (to my knowledge, at least) the three people in between are going to be from a more varied skill level, as well as your opponents.

It also tends to end with the duo bot lane doing their own thing and harassing other players when they point out they're not communicating with them. In lane, that's fine, but being silent (chat and pings) all game isn't exactly benefiting the team. That's more of a minor annoyance, though.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain