0-30-0 Mastery tree

#1B0o0mPosted 3/7/2013 9:05:34 AM
So I was wondering if this was a good idea for a support tank such as alistar where I don't need to rely on the utility part of the tree, and instead, just go full out tank.

Seems like on almost every single build mastery pages consist of the generic 21 and 9 in two branches, but why not just go full out on one branch if that's the only role I'm going to be playing...

I understand that for supports such as Lulu the utility branch would be better because her kit forms around it; but for Alistar, my main focus is to just be super aggressive and tank for my team.

Thoughts?
---
PSN/XBL:PolishBladeZ
TKO-Soulja
#2jonlaw101Posted 3/7/2013 9:19:00 AM
you scag that's brilliant
---
It's like playing monopoly then flipping the board over when they land on mayfair,saying 'lol i do what i want its just a game' - SoulStrikes
#3OmfgitsBlahPosted 3/7/2013 9:19:28 AM
B0o0m posted...
So I was wondering if this was a good idea for a support tank such as alistar where I don't need to rely on the utility part of the tree, and instead, just go full out tank.

Seems like on almost every single build mastery pages consist of the generic 21 and 9 in two branches, but why not just go full out on one branch if that's the only role I'm going to be playing...

I understand that for supports such as Lulu the utility branch would be better because her kit forms around it; but for Alistar, my main focus is to just be super aggressive and tank for my team.

Thoughts?

Alistar benefits hugely from the movespeed/mana granted by the utility tree, moreso than he would from a bit more defense.
---
If inflaton turns $3 into $0, then $6 turns into $3. -Orca
#4neon screenPosted 3/7/2013 9:20:19 AM
What are you even gonna take with 30 points in defense? Even for the most tanky tree you'd only need 23 points.
#5enameaPosted 3/7/2013 9:36:54 AM
The 3 mp5 is very important while laning as a support. And since you're so close, you might as well dump then next 3-4 points to get lower item/summoner cooldowns.
#6viajarvPosted 3/7/2013 9:39:29 AM
No extra gold, ms and Im not sure if defensetree has a cooldown mastery. Its probably the best tree overall though