why don't people use CV?

#1esoterikaPosted 3/7/2013 6:11:02 PM
So I had a friend recently start playing LoL and wanted me to make a new account to play with him. Well, I already had a fairly low level account so I played with him and some other low levels and since EVERYONE brought Heal with them, I decided to use CV (I usually play support). Well, CV turned out to be more useful to me than Exhaust and Heal ever were... the fact I can use it all the time to check various parts of the map and help with chasing and when I didn't have wards was just really useful. I just don't understand why it isn't used more often... just to check those blind spots or prevent face checking when warding. Yea, an exhaust slows someone down for a few seconds and can only be used every few mintues along with heal, which is really clutch anyways. I just think that CV is under rated.
#2happyscrub1Posted 3/7/2013 6:11:27 PM
I CV'd what you did last summer
---
Happyscrub's league of legends rank is higher than 95% gamefaqs posters. This is why gamefaqs jealous of him. That's why they troll him. So sad, So bad, so mad.
#3VoidgolemPosted 3/7/2013 6:11:52 PM
because I could take CV, which might let me know what the enemy is doing.

or I could take Exhaust/Heal which might win the fights that happen when allied ADC gets his ass caught again.
---
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/voidgolem/Lagannrim_zps5e36b947.jpg
#4eco masterPosted 3/7/2013 6:12:52 PM
why don't people use CV?

Because they see more value in Flash/Ignite/Exhaust/Teleport, and if they want vision somewhere, they'll just ward in an appropriate location. Wards do what Clairvoyance can do to an extent (they're simply not global) but there aren't any cheap items that do what other spells do.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#5VoidgolemPosted 3/7/2013 6:14:38 PM
well, suppose there's randuins for exhaust but that's not exactly cheap.
---
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/voidgolem/Lagannrim_zps5e36b947.jpg
#6the_rowanPosted 3/7/2013 6:15:32 PM
CV is really great.

It also is absolutely no help in lane and makes it easier for your opponents to kill you there, and in straight-up teamfights (say a dive) it's even more useless. Most of the time, being at a disadvantage in lane will hurt you more than CV will help, especially if you get some good ward coverage. Also, consider that winning your lane will generally end up giving your team more vision as you take towers faster and defend your own, reducing the potential for being ambushed.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#7OrbitalOctopusPosted 3/7/2013 6:16:39 PM
Some companies just prefer applicants to submit resume's instead.
---
flexible bullet saying that a girl isn't hot is like a masai tribesman telling me that i have a bad computer ~ UtarEmpire
Pokemon White: 1205 8519 7476