Best Varus item build and Skill order?

#1SackBoiPosted 3/8/2013 1:25:16 PM
PLEASE AND THANK YOU! <3
---
Sometimes you get the coal mine, and sometimes you get the shaft.
#2angermngment101Posted 3/8/2013 1:26:16 PM
blood thirster PD, IE Warmogs?
---
Gamefax
#3SackBoi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 1:26:32 PM
Ty ty.
---
Sometimes you get the coal mine, and sometimes you get the shaft.
#4zeppelin312Posted 3/8/2013 1:31:48 PM
R>E>W>Q

winning lane? BT->shiv or PD->LW->IE or defensive item->defensive item or IE or BoRK(you have to have IE somewhere)
losing lane? IE->PD or shiv->LW->defensive item or BoRK or BT-> lifesteal or defense(grab a vamp scepter somewhere, but if you want to you can do the double dolans with the LS quints and wait till late to get your vamp scepter)
even? same as losing
#5DartDragoonPosted 3/11/2013 7:59:42 AM
Is rushing BorK a bad idea ? I like to pop my E often and the best attack speed item for ADC is basically BorK+PD right now
---
GT: AstroZombie29
SF4: Vega BB: Arakune MK: Sindel UMvC3: TaskMstr / Haggar / Trish
#6SoulknightX0Posted 3/11/2013 8:11:16 AM
zeppelin312 posted...
R>E>W>Q

winning lane? BT->shiv or PD->LW->IE or defensive item->defensive item or IE or BoRK(you have to have IE somewhere)
losing lane? IE->PD or shiv->LW->defensive item or BoRK or BT-> lifesteal or defense(grab a vamp scepter somewhere, but if you want to you can do the double dolans with the LS quints and wait till late to get your vamp scepter)
even? same as losing

Personally without any reliable escape I feel PD heavily out weighs the 100 extra damage from shiv as you get the ignores unit collision bonus
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bentrey/
#7wantfastcarsPosted 3/11/2013 8:13:03 AM
Try building AP. People will laugh and call you stupid at first. However, if you can get to the point where you have 450+ AP? Hit them with three basics and your E or R. E and R both scale with AP (100% I believe), and, if you level Blight Quiver to max and can get to over 400AP, you'll do 40+% of their health in magic damage when you hit them with a spell, and then the damage the spell does on top of that. Sure, your basics will barely tickle at that point, but that's not what you're trying to do damage with.

Basic x3 > R. If you've built enough AP, that will do 600+ damage + 40% or more of their health. If they're still alive after that, Basic x3 > E, or Q if they managed to get out of the range of your E.
---
Now Playing: BL2, TF2, LoL
i5-3570k | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RAM | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB HDD
#8IceBarragePosted 3/11/2013 8:18:33 AM
I wouldn't recommend going BORK over BT unless you know that their team will have to stack a lot of health or naturally stacks a lot of health (Cho). Varus already has a lot of built in % chunks from his blighted quiver and doesn't need % damage as much as just raw AD.

Builds:

I like starting boots 3 pots on Varus, as a champ with no gap closers and only one form of soft cc and no hard cc presix, helps with his laning a lot in the first few levels. Alternatives would be Doran's with an agressive sustain (taric sona) or longsword 2 for agressive nonsustain (Leona Zyra).

Rush a BT. Build a Brutalizer if and only if you get first blood. After BT is finished build a PD, followed by either an IE if no armor, or LW if armor's stacking up. Once mid game rolls around it should look something like:

Zerker's BT PD IE

Start working on your defensive item. Irelia-esque carry killers? GA. Lots of flat burst true damage? Warmogs. Lots of AP/Supressors? QSS (keep at QSS for now). Build LW or IE, whatever you skipped earlier. If built a QSS, upgrade to MS when you have the money.
---
Rest in peace Fistsofdissent
New LoL IGN: NowILayTheeDown--still carries on day to day basis.
#9EqualismPosted 3/11/2013 8:24:35 AM
Just using a standard adc build works well (Greaves BT Shiv LW sort of thing)

For skill order really thing will work, all his abilities scale pretty well with levels.

R>Q>E>W
or
R>E>Q>W both work well

Leveling Q first give lowers the cooldown. This way you can constantly be AA>Q on the enemy champ to pop stacks and harass them during laning.

Leveling E first gives more slow. Overall you will probably do more damage if you put points in E.

W is good with one point, so I usually just level it last.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QEdEj.jpg
#10DartDragoonPosted 3/11/2013 11:15:25 AM
R > E > W > Q

Is the only way to go...unless you're bad. E lets you farm/slow/harass/pop blighted quiver while Q let's you do the most obvious move in history and only does good damage when fully charged.

So, you level E for all the goodness it brings, level W second to get all those awesome stacks and then you keep Q ready to quick-fire to burst Blighted Quiver stacks.

Don't know if it's just me, but even a maxed out fully charged Q doesn'T do that much damage against armor even if it says it's gonna do something like 800+ damage total
---
GT: AstroZombie29
SF4: Vega BB: Arakune MK: Sindel UMvC3: TaskMstr / Haggar / Trish