And they say ELO hell doesn't exist. lmfao

#1New_PantsPosted 3/8/2013 8:46:08 PM(edited)
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b146/SamuraiChicken/elohell_zpsf2941e3d.jpg

Wukong trolls my first pick Zilean mid and the jungler's 2nd pick Karthus in champ select. He ragequits before the match starts instead of doing the genial thing of queue dodging. So we're faced with a doomed 4v5. I do well enough to bully Kat out of lane and take the CS advantage, but of course there's nothing we can do. As a final nail in the coffin, the Lulu leaves after playing terribly.

Carry harder nubs.
---
~SamuraiChicken~
There's a fine line between stupidity and insanity. Will you cross it?
#2XcaIIionPosted 3/8/2013 8:46:25 PM
ranked isnt about winning every game. it's about winning most of them
---
Ahri is mai waifu
Join the glorius evolution!
#3BoogyyPosted 3/8/2013 8:50:52 PM
One bad game where the majority of players are bad (those who complain about it are usually part of that)

Yep, good sample size, especially to players that have proven time and time again that if you're good enough you get out with relative ease.
---
Flowers are really unbalance
#4twopoundcowPosted 3/8/2013 8:52:43 PM
XcaIIion posted...
ranked isnt about winning every game. it's about winning most of them

this. always this.

One bad game does not mean Elo Hell is a thing. So many people's "proof" that elo hell is real is just linking a screen shot for a single game.
#5Shannon232Posted 3/8/2013 8:52:47 PM
The people who use "Elo hell" is categorized by 2 groups.
The people who belong at their current elo and the people who give up.

People who belong.
I myself have some bronze friends who claim they're better than bronze and it's trolls and "Elo hell" keeping them down, but when spectating I was able to see what they couldn't, they made mistakes, at low elo this is the difference between winning and losing, people like to watch pro's and say "Oh top got a kill it's snowballed gg", that's high elo where players know in depth about the game. Low elo pretty much can come down to which team messes up last, the worst offender is mostly lack of experience, low elo players can have skill but lack direction and that's why they're there, sure you might go 20/3 but if you don't know when to stop chasing, when to baron, when to push, then you don't belong any higher, some of my friends can get kills and win lanes almost every time, but late game instead of grouping they'll farm wolves, or go into the other teams jungle without wards and get caught, attempt dangerous Baron's or the worst offender, acing the enemy team and instead of just flat out winning the game going for baron.

People who give up.
Some games aren't winnable, I'll say that now, sometime's you just can not win, you might get outplayed your team might not be the best, might have a dc or afk, but if you truly belong in a different elo you WILL climb, provided that you are competent and belong out of this elo at that rate you have an 80% chance of getting a bad player/rager/afk. But the other team has 100%, most people I know claim they're stuck in their elo and when I look at their games they gave up after 20 games. It's not going to be instant or easy, but if you truly belong somewhere higher then you will get there.

How do I know this?
I used to believe, it was everyone else's fault for me losing, Season 1 i got 874 elo and that was 100% my teams fault, I played properly but they all sucked. WRONG. I needed to improve, Season 2 I started at 900 elo and gave up again, one morning I decided I would try and climb and made it first to 1200, then 1400 and stayed there, Season 3 before the divisions I made it to 1470 Elo and landed myself in division II in silver first go, because of my experience I knew what cost games at low elo, I knew what would help win matches, while Silver Div 2 or 1400-1500 isn't very high, looking back at season 1 I have improved dramatically as a player and now know when I have messed up and learn from it, way I see it I can only climb higher until I find where I belong.

TL:DR You only have to win 51% of games to climb elo, Can't do that? Then you belong in your elo.
---
IGN: Scary Tree
If a tree falls in a forest and no-one is around to hear it... A hipster will buy the soundtrack.
#6DartkunPosted 3/8/2013 8:54:32 PM
GAIZ, GLOBAL WARMING IS FAKE. THE WORLD IS ACTUALLY GETTING COLDER CUZ TODAY IS COLD.

CHECKMATE SCIENTISTS.
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#7LithspPosted 3/8/2013 9:10:38 PM
Dartkun posted...
GAIZ, GLOBAL WARMING IS FAKE. THE WORLD IS ACTUALLY GETTING COLDER CUZ TODAY IS COLD.

CHECKMATE SCIENTISTS.

Not relevant.
---
[]Signature[]
#8Master Of The DeadPosted 3/8/2013 9:13:27 PM
Lithsp posted...
Dartkun posted...

CHECKMATE SCIENTISTS.

Not relevant.

I disagree.
---
Gamertag: Dayy Hughes ~~~~~ Summoner Name (LoL EUW): Arcanine -----www.youtube.com/DayyHughes
http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif
#9EphidelPosted 3/8/2013 9:14:42 PM
It still does not exist. Neither does Elo hell.
---
The time is out of joint. O cursed spite, that ever I was born to set it right!
http://i.imgur.com/pyvQmyz.gif
#10wrbkPosted 3/8/2013 9:19:48 PM
You're just mad cause you're bad bro.
---
San Francisco 49ers 13-5-1
Good Game Baltimore Ravens.