Why are different champs banned on different elos?

#1Brutal_FelixPosted 3/8/2013 9:34:42 PM
?
---
Steam ID: Brutal_Felix
Intel Core i5 3570k 4.4Ghz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Ripjaws X Series 8 GB | Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB | Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970
#2xHFxPosted 3/8/2013 9:39:05 PM
cuz ppl r scrubs
#3DartkunPosted 3/8/2013 9:40:08 PM
Skill levels.

Certain characters require a certain amount of ability put into them to really make them strong.

A novice with Lee Sin will be vastly VASTLY inferior with him than an experienced player. Gimmicks that might be gamebreaking at one skill level might never ever been seen at another. Either the players don't know how to make the plays or they just don't have the ability.

One of the biggest cases was WAY back in like Season 1 or 2. Where AD Tryndamere would wreck lower level play because no one really could ignite or CC him. They just didn't know how to counter him. While at higher levels people would CC him and ignite him during his ult so he got shutdown.

(Note this is before the huge trynd (trend) of AP trynds)
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#4Brutal_Felix(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 9:40:55 PM
I'm lvl 17. I'd like to know so I can get the hang of a couple champs in case my main gets banned. I don't understand how ranked games work either.
---
Intel Core i5 3570k 4.4Ghz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Ripjaws X Series 8 GB | Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB | Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970
#5Lord SojiroPosted 3/8/2013 9:42:37 PM
Low elo is uncoordinated and the players are equally unskilled most of the time, thus people usually ban out the easiest faceroll champs like Akali, Xin Zhao, Blitz, Amumu.

Higher elo is more coordinated and the players have better mechanics and understanding of the mid-late game, thus they ban out the champions that are overall strong even if they require skill since higher elo players should be able to use them to their potential. I can't really say what the bans are at this elo, but for a few guesses I would say Elise, Kayle, and Thresh.
---
Oh no! It's Idiot power!
#6Brutal_Felix(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 9:43:16 PM
I'm also 73-45 right now at lvl 17 how am I doing? I want to be double my wins but sometimes it just seems we were destined to lose. Like ill get on a win streak and just get the worst team ever next game.
---
#7Lord SojiroPosted 3/8/2013 9:44:12 PM
Brutal_Felix posted...
I'm also 73-45 right now at lvl 17 how am I doing? I want to be double my wins but sometimes it just seems we were destined to lose. Like ill get on a win streak and just get the worst team ever next game.

That's actually quite good. It's a known fact that not every game is winnable, but if you win the majority of them, you are in a good place.
---
Oh no! It's Idiot power!
#8Brutal_Felix(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 9:44:19 PM
* have double my wins than losses sorry
---
#9Brutal_Felix(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 9:45:12 PM
Is there a way to use voice chat in game? I've died too many times trying to type in combat :/
---
#10DartkunPosted 3/8/2013 9:46:41 PM(edited)
Brutal_Felix posted...
I'm lvl 17. I'd like to know so I can get the hang of a couple champs in case my main gets banned. I don't understand how ranked games work either.

It's really not worth worrying about yet. I love the anticipation, but just play what is fun for you. The bans change depending on the patches, so a safe pick right now might be always banned in the future.

But the common bans are like Amumu, Blitzcrank, Malphite and Shen. Most others rotate around the current game balance.

http://www.lolking.net/champions/

If you sort by Ban %. You can see where your main is currently being banned and who is most commonly being banned.

Lastly remember to diversify if you can. Unfortunately for me, I love maining 1-3 characters, but if you can, try to get a grasp of a few so you can always rotate between them.

Brutal_Felix posted...

That's a fine ratio, just keep it up.

Brutal_Felix posted...
Is there a way to use voice chat in game? I've died too many times trying to type in combat :/

There is no in-game voice chat, either type smaller messages or use the new pings.
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius