why does caitlyn fall off late game

#31Knight_Of_OrderPosted 3/10/2013 1:29:10 AM
Rookie_Jet posted...
Knight_Of_Order posted...
...and then you lose every trade in lane because you have no AD, not to mention that you'll have a harder time getting CS.

As for the topic, she doesnt really fall off, people just underestimate the power of 650 ****ing AA range, people are dumb.

If you don't have any problems with last hitting, AS runes don't sound that bad. If you can last hit just fine anyway, the only thing it does is make early duels harder for you, but later on, it will probably scale better than some flat AD would considering you have more chances to proc crits, shiv shocks, and headshots.

If you would have said something like it makes laning harder for Cait to have AS runes which is where she should be shining, I would agree. However, if he wants to use AS runes to make up for her less than average DPS for late game (compared to some other ADCs), that also makes sense. It's a bit of a balancing act.

Also, when people say "Cait falls off," they're talking about her DPS...not her usability. Of course her range is very useful, but if you're pumping out raw numbers for DPS, you can't argue that hers will be lower than many others due to her inability to make great use of her skills later in the game. I honestly don't know why this is still an argument on this board, especially every f****** week...

Going AS against a good ADC means he'll try to trade with you as much as possible, and you will lose, making your potential late game even weaker, runes are generally there to help you win your lane.

Sure, her DPS is lower than the top tier damage dealers, she's still an ADC meaning her damage output is still HUGE regardless of steroids, again, people here underrate the power of AA range.
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#32Rookie_JetPosted 3/10/2013 4:34:46 AM
Rookie_Jet posted...
...and then you lose every trade in lane because you have no AD, not to mention that you'll have a harder time getting CS.

As for the topic, she doesnt really fall off, people just underestimate the power of 650 ****ing AA range, people are dumb.

If you don't have any problems with last hitting, AS runes don't sound that bad. If you can last hit just fine anyway, the only thing it does is make early duels harder for you, but later on, it will probably scale better than some flat AD would considering you have more chances to proc crits, shiv shocks, and headshots.

If you would have said something like it makes laning harder for Cait to have AS runes which is where she should be shining, I would agree. However, if he wants to use AS runes to make up for her less than average DPS for late game (compared to some other ADCs), that also makes sense. It's a bit of a balancing act.

Also, when people say "Cait falls off," they're talking about her DPS...not her usability. Of course her range is very useful, but if you're pumping out raw numbers for DPS, you can't argue that hers will be lower than many others due to her inability to make great use of her skills later in the game. I honestly don't know why this is still an argument on this board, especially every f****** week...

Going AS against a good ADC means he'll try to trade with you as much as possible, and you will lose, making your potential late game even weaker, runes are generally there to help you win your lane.

Sure, her DPS is lower than the top tier damage dealers, she's still an ADC meaning her damage output is still HUGE regardless of steroids, again, people here underrate the power of AA range.

She's still going to outpoke many other ADCs in lane even without the extra damage. Most of the good Caits I've seen (and I'm not one of them) will get free hits with Q or max range AA rather than an actual trade where they receive some damage back.

Thank you for agreeing her DPS is lower than many others. That's all people (assuming reasonable people) mean when they say she "falls off". Yes, as an ADC with full or most of her end game build, she WILL shell out tons of damage. Yes, her range keeps her very scary late game. I guess I shouldn't speak for everyone else, but I for one, was not arguing either of those two points.
#33UnderwaterAirPosted 3/10/2013 1:27:57 PM

Not sure why you're being a hypocrite here. Are you trolling or just not understanding it.
Even if you go AS on Caitlyn not many ADCs are going to be able to trade with you because of your range. If anything, people like you are the ones underestimating her range and ability to bully in lane.
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!