Best amumu build?

#1Brutal_FelixPosted 3/9/2013 5:24:03 PM
I usually build spirit of the spectral wraith thornmail warmog ninja tabi abysal sceptor and banshees veil. With defense tree. And I jungle. Anyone have ideas?
---
Steam ID: Brutal_Felix
Intel Core i5 3570k 4.4Ghz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Ripjaws X Series 8 GB | Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB | Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970
#2Black_AssassinPosted 3/9/2013 5:36:33 PM(edited)
Most defensive items are situational, so it's hard to list a single best build. You don't want a Banshee's veil if the enemy damage consists of a group of Trynda/Darius/Cait for example, and you won't use Thornmail much if they have something like Karthus mid, Rumble top and Fiddle jungle.
#3HostileFirePosted 3/9/2013 5:36:33 PM
Amumu can go a lot of things. Add Aegies/Runic Bulwark, Sunfire Cape, Shurelya's, Randuins and Locket to your list of items that he should get. I would recommend removing Banshee's Veil, Warmogs and maybe Abyssal Scepter.
---
http://tf2b.com/?id=hostilefire | Steam ID: HostileFire
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/HostileFire/stats/188642465/ps3/
#4SorrySleepingPosted 3/9/2013 5:38:17 PM
Can you use some damn commas when listing items?

Most defensive items are situational, so it's hard to list a single best build.

This. Anything other than Boots of Mobility and Spirit Stone on a tanking jungler is worthless.

Allowed to build damage?
Torment, Rylai's, RoA, Spectral Wraith
Heavy Auto attackers?
Thornmail, Frozen Heart, Omen
Heavy AD Casters?
Omen, Spirit Golem, GA
Heavy AP?
Warmogs, Spirit Viage
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#5Black_AssassinPosted 3/9/2013 5:45:46 PM
SorrySleeping posted...
Anything other than Boots of Mobility and Spirit Stone on a tanking jungler is worthless.

¿qué?
#6mutation10101Posted 3/9/2013 6:49:30 PM
Sorc boots
Liandry's
Rylia's
Rabadons
Void Staff
Abyssal

Q in with W on, E + R = GG.
---
10-6-12 The day LoL kept crashing to save the wards.
#7zeppelin312Posted 3/9/2013 6:57:34 PM
amumu has two major build paths

if not doing well, you go spirit stone and mobis or machete+philo+mobis, then defensive items based on the enemy team

if doing well, get a HG, then other tanky ap options, eventually getting liandry's. Ap amumu is still wtfdamage, and you can dunk pretty hard. You generally want some defense eventually though.

when even, you generally go the tanky build path

even if you go the tanky build, just grabbing a liandry's as one of your last items is very good.
#8Chatterbox0016Posted 3/9/2013 7:37:18 PM
Get a sunfire cape and rylais. Fill in the rest with items for the situation and you're laughing!

The constant slows with your W and sunfire cape will do so much damage, and you can still take a lot. An abyssal scepter has really good synergy here.

Randuin's Omen is really good now too.
---
GT: xXM ConFineD