So I was just testing out Varus...why isn't this guy more popular?

#1Silver Shadow XPosted 3/9/2013 7:12:31 PM
He seems extremely strong. I was just testing him with intermediate bots, and while I know bots are irrelevant, I generally still have pathetic scores no matter what, yet on Varus I got 36 kills.

I'm going into normals now, but I just thought I'd ask why this guy seems to be considered a second rate ADC. Mainly because I don't want to go into real games thinking "oh man this guy is cray" only to find myself getting stomped into the ground because I made a fatal miscalculation about why he's less popular.
---
I suppose I should probably update this signature soon.
#2DartkunPosted 3/9/2013 7:13:33 PM
No escapes and no on demand steroid
---
I don't sugarcoat things | Logic > Feelings
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#3GoldenFantasyPosted 3/9/2013 7:14:03 PM
He plays like an ad caster. His ult is in a similar vain to Ashe's and she's not popular for that reason, although it's a team fight winner.
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks
#4FoxDragon13Posted 3/9/2013 7:16:17 PM
Silver Shadow X posted...
He seems extremely strong. I was just testing him with intermediate bots, and while I know bots are irrelevant, I generally still have pathetic scores no matter what, yet on Varus I got 36 kills.

I'm going into normals now, but I just thought I'd ask why this guy seems to be considered a second rate ADC. Mainly because I don't want to go into real games thinking "oh man this guy is cray" only to find myself getting stomped into the ground because I made a fatal miscalculation about why he's less popular.

Actually,
Varus was very popular at IEM. Yes he did have a 2-15 record, but he was used a lot.

Varus was used as much as Cait.
---
"Are you quite finished?"-Black Mage
"I was thinking I should run around in an idiotic panic."-Fighter
#5AirioPosted 3/9/2013 7:18:29 PM
Varus is one of the top picks atm. He's pretty strong and is seeing a lot more play.
#6thecrossnkightPosted 3/9/2013 7:19:25 PM
Im surprised people havent caught ontop AP building him.

Sorc
Malady
Nashors
Liandrys
Voidstaff
Hurricane

150 magic damage per auto, on three targets, Every spell cast can nuke 1-3 targets for 30%+ of their HP.

I ulted in the middle of a fight and got a quadra kill from ult bouncing (600 damage ult +the 30% hp chunk)
---
What do you do when faced with two choices? Simply toss a coin. It works because in that brief time that the coin is in the air you know what you're hoping for.
#7DartkunPosted 3/9/2013 7:56:45 PM
thecrossnkight posted...
Im surprised people havent caught ontop AP building him.

Sorc
Malady
Nashors
Liandrys
Voidstaff
Hurricane

150 magic damage per auto, on three targets, Every spell cast can nuke 1-3 targets for 30%+ of their HP.

I ulted in the middle of a fight and got a quadra kill from ult bouncing (600 damage ult +the 30% hp chunk)

I just did this but switching Void with Lich. It worked surprisingly well but without any Life Steal, I kept getting destroyed unless I had so much protection.
---
I don't sugarcoat things | Logic > Feelings
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#8Silver Shadow X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 8:00:31 PM
So mainly, he isn't safe is the issue. Plus the steroid (the way it worked did look a bit annoying come to think of it). I think maybe he worked better for me since that steroid works so well when trying to CS, which I'm normally bad at. Suddenly having a nice attack speed boost for each minion killed probably helped me get fed the way an ADC should, hence him seeming twice as effective as other ADCs to me..
---
I suppose I should probably update this signature soon.
#9leak_manPosted 3/9/2013 8:53:14 PM
If that's the case, try Draven.

Pretty easy to CS using his Q.
---
A rhombus is the kind of rectangle a ***** would draw.
http://i40.tinypic.com/rh6dc1.jpg
#10aHappySackaPosted 3/9/2013 8:57:27 PM
If you wanted someone unsafe then Draven and Kog'Maw are far better choices, although I've got to admit that a good Varus ult is pretty game-changing.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=