So I was just testing out Varus...why isn't this guy more popular?

#11cautionifeedPosted 3/9/2013 8:01:53 PM
hes not good in solo q because you kind of have to build your team around him
hes a good pick if you have the proper team comp though
#12Fire_AwayPosted 3/9/2013 8:05:39 PM
Varus's moment is coming.
---
Now playing: League Of Legends (FireAwayX), Guild Wars 2 (Floralei/Crownbird), World of Warcraft (shut up), SFxT (Poison/Nina, Juri/Lili)
#13EqualismPosted 3/9/2013 8:08:28 PM
He is pretty strong, but has no escapes.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QEdEj.jpg
#14BhelliumPosted 3/9/2013 8:18:34 PM(edited)
he can't blink but r and e are plenty of escape, not to mention the value of Q for simple discouragement and bush checking

honestly speaking if you were to follow that logic MF would see no play at all, ever

Honestly speaking I don't think I've ever lost a straight trade with anyone but Draven+Sona as Varus. Blight is very underrated for laning trades.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#15Silver Shadow X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 8:15:22 PM(edited)
Well, sounds like I can drop this impulse I had to purchase Varus. I may still try him in one real game, but I'm not too interested in buying a high risk champ atm.

I'll give Draven a try next free rotation.
---
I suppose I should probably update this signature soon.
#16Silver Shadow X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 8:16:42 PM
Bhellium posted...
he can't blink but r and e are plenty of escape

honestly speaking if you were to follow that logic MF would see no play at all, ever

Honestly speaking I don't think I've ever lost a trade with anyone but Draven+Sona as Varus. Blight is very underrated for laning trades.

I was thinking that, MF being similar in a way. Only thing is MF's steroid is on demand, rather than on kill, and I imagine that's a big part of her appeal. Though Varus has that long range piercing shot, which I bet is really good for runners.
---
I suppose I should probably update this signature soon.
#17BhelliumPosted 3/9/2013 8:21:45 PM
Learn how to detonate Blight procs, that is your on-demand steroid. The post-kill AS buff should ideally always be up in laning, unlike on MF.

Before you engage a trade, last hit a minion. Free AS, then if you get the kill and have any health at all you're looking good for a double.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#18iPWNtheNoobsPosted 3/9/2013 8:26:30 PM
He actually quite strong.
Very powerful teamfight presence.
---
Trolling is a art
#19DartkunPosted 3/9/2013 8:33:26 PM(edited)
Bhellium posted...
Learn how to detonate Blight procs, that is your on-demand steroid. The post-kill AS buff should ideally always be up in laning, unlike on MF.

Before you engage a trade, last hit a minion. Free AS, then if you get the kill and have any health at all you're looking good for a double.

Not exactly on-demand.

It assumes there is something for it to proc off.

Jungle invading and you need to jump in, no creeps around. You don't get your steroid. He has a steroid unlike say Ashe, but it's not exactly on demand.

And the reason MF saw play was because of her damage, I'm not saying Varus is BAD because he lacks an on-demand steroid and an escape, but people play him less because of that. MF has perks in other places. Anti-Heal and huge AoE damage. Varus has his own perks,but his CC that is more finicky.

It's like, which would be more popular a face roll champion or one that takes somewhat precise aim. I'm going faceroll like 90% of the time.
---
I don't sugarcoat things | Logic > Feelings
youtube.com/user/Shinius