Need 70 extra gold to finish an item

#21Kirby1207Posted 3/10/2013 5:32:29 AM
I hate moments like that, I am like...If I hit those other 2-3 creeps... And I get mad at myself for it
---
GT: Kirby1207, League of Legends ID: AFrogOnCroak
Zed is mai Waifu.
#22RiliyksPosted 3/10/2013 5:55:53 AM
Largely depends.

Support, with double gp 10's and masteries, I'll probably wait it out. (Since it's double the normal gold gain most of the time.)

But otherwise, I'll typically hang around in lane if possible, and if not, pick up something else if I need items, or just heal and come back.
---
Pkmn Diamond FC 2964-5171-5195
Gameplay>Graphics Typos hapen.
#23arys75Posted 3/10/2013 6:41:46 AM
Why would you wait a minute for an item when you can walk to lane, kill 3 minions, and recall which takes less time.
#24supergiest1234Posted 3/10/2013 6:51:11 AM
MakJuss posted...
gmharri posted...
No, you go back to lane straight away.

Gold is gained at 7gp/10 (confirm?) passively, meaning you'd have to wait 30 seconds, you are losing exp and gold by not being in your lane, while the enemy is gaining gold and exp at the same time, so that lead you had on him, could be lost while your BT is getting stacks or while you wait for RoA to build up.

Even at high level play, when people base, they are out of the fountain by the time their health is about 90%, this is to get back to lane as soon as possible.

13gp/10 ..........

I think it is 16gp/10 now with season 3
---
Lol ign: theblackdeath12
#25cadePosted 3/10/2013 6:54:20 AM
It's actually 16/GP10 so it takes about 45 seconds to accumulate 70 gold, which is a very long time to be doing nothing. It's mid to late game death timer long.
---
79/80 Spring Contest 2005
#26gmharriPosted 3/10/2013 7:04:34 AM
supergiest1234 posted...
MakJuss posted...
gmharri posted...
No, you go back to lane straight away.

Gold is gained at 7gp/10 (confirm?) passively, meaning you'd have to wait 30 seconds, you are losing exp and gold by not being in your lane, while the enemy is gaining gold and exp at the same time, so that lead you had on him, could be lost while your BT is getting stacks or while you wait for RoA to build up.

Even at high level play, when people base, they are out of the fountain by the time their health is about 90%, this is to get back to lane as soon as possible.

13gp/10 ..........

I think it is 16gp/10 now with season 3

I regret my comment, was not thinking much at all when posting...

Just checked it out, it is indeed 16gp/10.

So for 70 gold, that is 45 seconds.
That is 1.5 minion waves, not including any already in or on way to lane.
1.5 minion waves are worth ~200gp, which is the amount you are putting yourself behind by, by sitting in spawn, and assume you do it for 2-3 items per game that's now ~600gp, which as you can see is now starting to add up, I can't say for sure it is 2-3 times a game you do it, you may not do it at all on 1, and might do it for 10 on another, but its not about the average (unless you have done it the average amount of times in the game you are in) it is about doing it and losing exp, gp, ganks, kills as well as getting behind.

Imagine this highly likely scenario;
You and enemy in top lane base because you are both low on health, minions are now in middle of lane.
You stay at spawn for 30 seconds to get the item you need.
Enemy goes straight to lane, farms and pushes lane to turret and bases to get the item he wants.
The enemies minion wave die to turret by the time you arrive, and you meet the enemy and minion waves back in middle of lane.

Result, the enemy gained ~150 extra gold than you, exp, and did some damage to your tower (possibly felling it).

However if you both went back to lane without an item, you would both be in exactly the same position.