Is Jungling my calling in life or is Skarner just ezmode?

#1LawlerlawlPosted 3/10/2013 8:29:36 PM(edited)
Since I've picked him up I haven't lost a single ranked game. Only a sample of 6 games, but still. Also, I'm no pro, I'm only in silver 3.

Another little factoid: I've never jungled anybody before I played Skarner.

so which is it?

EDIT: oh yeah, average over those six games is 5/1.8/12.8
---
Play Knytt Underground right now, seriously.
#2RiliyksPosted 3/10/2013 8:30:50 PM
Skarners pretty forgiving in s3 jungle.

And dunno, it might be, only time will tell.

Just do yourself a favor... and don't put points into his e till like... lvl 13.
---
Pkmn Diamond FC 2964-5171-5195
Gameplay>Graphics Typos hapen.
#3TheSteelPhoenixPosted 3/10/2013 8:32:39 PM
Careful, there's a lot of egotestical carries or DEMAND that if you jungle, you take no CS or kills from anywhere because you better just be a support.
---
lol
#4Lawlerlawl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 8:37:11 PM
I used to only play AP Mid, I think the reason I'm having more success is because I'm doing the initiating now, and with Skarner's ultimate it's basically a mile high bullseye on their face so nobody gets confused about who to attack.

Any other junglers that you guys would recommend with a similar skillset to Skarner, specifcally his magnificent engagement?
---
Play Knytt Underground right now, seriously.
#5OnionOfMysteryPosted 3/10/2013 8:39:28 PM
Lawlerlawl posted...
I used to only play AP Mid, I think the reason I'm having more success is because I'm doing the initiating now, and with Skarner's ultimate it's basically a mile high bullseye on their face so nobody gets confused about who to attack.

Any other junglers that you guys would recommend with a similar skillset to Skarner, specifcally his magnificent engagement?

Maybe not the same sort of skill set, but Maokai can initiate like a mofo.
---
The official OnionOfMystery of Reality.
"Vaan is like a Robin in a universe composed entirely of Batmans."
#6wantfastcarsPosted 3/10/2013 8:46:47 PM(edited)
TheSteelPhoenix posted...
Careful, there's a lot of egotestical carries or DEMAND that if you jungle, you take no CS or kills from anywhere because you better just be a support.

This feel. Not even if you're Jungling, just if you're laning with them. I had a Kha'Zix a while back that was trying to like... Jungle AND Carry, with me playing Bruiser Volibear. He would cuss me out in chat every time I got a kill or killed some minions, claiming that I was the support and that he was the carry, despite having asserted beforehand I was playing Bruiser.

He spent most of the game in the jungle, and the one time I backed off to let him have the kill (Left Vlad at <100 health, Rolling Thunder was up, could have killed him easily), he ran away and Recalled, despite having ~75% Mana and Health. I asked him why he didn't go for the kill and he was silent the rest of the match. Sometimes you just need to go and get the kill and put them in their place, especially if they're not doing their job (his final was like... 3/6/5, I was something like 12/4/8).

More on topic, it's definitely possible that Jungling as Skarner is your calling. I was lucky to break even in terms of K/D/A in a match until I tried Voli. I've gone somewhere in the vicinity of 3:1:3 or 4:1:4 almost every game. Skarner might just be your "Spirit Champ" as my roommate likes to call it.
---
Now Playing: BL2, TF2, LoL
i5-3570k | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RAM | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB HDD
#7ScrubedgePosted 3/10/2013 8:45:44 PM
I would say Hecarim is kind of similar, between his fast clears, spammable Q and good initiating. It's obviously not as great as Skarner's Flash + Impale + Shurelya + W, but it still throws people off with the fear.
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Scrubedge
"Right, vending machines full of blood."
#8TheSchrefPosted 3/10/2013 8:51:09 PM
He's an ezmode jungle, but that doesn't mean you're not good at it.
#9BreezyExcursionPosted 3/10/2013 8:52:56 PM
Minion tax.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly4u8jNLbu1qa6g8no1_250.gif
#10myg0t_stkPosted 3/10/2013 8:54:25 PM
I haven't seen a jungle skarner in the longest of times, I am sure I have seen one though a month or two ago. The nerf hit him hard, and the s3 jungle also hit him hard. His popularity is overshadowed by jungles who fit the meta. He doesn't I guess...
---
ezreal is my waifu