What counters Zed mid?

#11DeanyzyPosted 3/12/2013 5:52:05 AM
Lune21 posted...
If I take him on as Swain or Elise, what would be the approach?

With Swain just treat him like you would any AD mid, keep harassing with EQ and zone him from the farm.

Zed is probably one of Elise's easiest matchups, He really can't burst Elise down without her rapelling and then answering back with her own combo. He is really squishy in lane so it's easy to get your Q damage to stick to him, It really hurts him if you can get both Q's off in succession. She can just bully Zed really hard.
#12_HeXPosted 3/12/2013 5:58:24 AM
Elise craps on Zed, get some early armor (Seeker's Armguard is good), get the mandatory mpen from building Sorc boots and Haunting Guise and proceed to roflstomp him, hard.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#13Masemune_100Posted 3/12/2013 6:27:31 AM
Elise only works if she actually dominates the lane, which she really shouldn't at all since she'll never catch you to kill you and has no real way to stop you from farming. Plus, you can shove a lane harder than she can and for free, so you're more free to gank other lanes.
I'd recommend Xerath, if you're good at landing his combo. He already outranges Zed by a mile and if he decides to go in on you stunning him into death should stop his burst if you react fast enough and kill him.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#14QuadPonyPosted 3/12/2013 6:33:37 AM
Lune21 posted...

Swain W/ Elise E to stun him and you will easily win the trade.
#15_HeXPosted 3/12/2013 6:48:58 AM
Masemune_100 posted...
Elise only works if she actually dominates the lane, which she really shouldn't at all since she'll never catch you to kill you and has no real way to stop you from farming. Plus, you can shove a lane harder than she can and for free, so you're more free to gank other lanes.
I'd recommend Xerath, if you're good at landing his combo. He already outranges Zed by a mile and if he decides to go in on you stunning him into death should stop his burst if you react fast enough and kill him.

Rofl? She pokes him low enough with just Q, if he stays in lane he dies and if he engages on her with his ult she only has to use her stun or rappel away avoiding all the damage. To quote Phreak; Get on my level.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#16FRo3tBLo0dPosted 3/12/2013 6:51:03 AM
Lune21 posted...

Yes, Kayle as well.
#17Suicidal SmurfPosted 3/12/2013 7:07:37 AM
kayle is his hardest counter
---
sail boat to harbor
#18Gogandantess100Posted 3/12/2013 7:39:40 AM
anyone with iframes to dodge the ult dmg, or a shield to absorb it.
---
xbl: P2K WARRIOR; Ashe only- lvl 99 13 espers 45 hunts 122333- collecting items
I heard somewhere that Viera can be impregnated by The Wood.-Mir_Vimes
#19xXDEATHXx19Posted 3/12/2013 8:12:23 AM
sustain beats him, thats your only chance, get potions if you can't heal yourself, i always wondered how akali would fair against him.
#20G0dSlay3rPosted 3/12/2013 8:40:55 AM
Zed is poke+ heavy burst.

So you either find a champ that is better at those two things than him, or you pick one of the champs that excel in the following:
-poke+ heavy sustained damage
-poke+ heavy sustain

Swain is good in theory, but has one major flaw - Swain can't push worth crap, while Zed is a farm machine. Zed just pushes from range, takes a bit of damage and goes to gank another lane.

Morde is decent in a 1vs1 scenario, but anyone running Morde these days is just begging to get camped by the jungler.

In reality, Zed has no real hard-counters in mid, since he has such a high skill ceiling.
That basically means that a good Zed player will be capable of outplaying almost anyone.

Although, here's a secret: Eve mid does extremely well against Zed.

Bully him hard with Eve in the early levels and zone him out of farm.
It's all about the cooldowns and being aggressive in that matchup.
Juke his Q poke, try not to get hit with his E poke and afterwards shove multiple of your Q's down his throat.
If he uses W-E poke to get you often, that's just a hint that your jungler can gank him and get free kills every time he does that.
Magic pen. reds, AP quints and armor yellows for that particular matchup.
Do not face Zed as Eve without armor runes.
Start boots+3 or cloth armor+5. Save your W for enemy jungler ganks, do not use it just to clear the slow from Zed's E.
Harass him hard, stealth to regain mana, harass him some more.
It's an assassin vs assassin lane, so you've basically made it a 4vs5 in late-game if you can destroy him during laning(but it goes the other way around too, so be careful).

You can often kill a Zed with Eve before lvl 6. Rush Seeker's Armguard as first item against him so he doesn't instagib you at lvl 6 and kill him or gank other lanes.