"Dude Im support."

#1TriikzPosted 3/12/2013 6:42:30 PM
While I understand supports arent meant to be carries or killing machines, saying "Im support," is not an excuse for feeding. Especially if the ADC youre supporting isnt feeding. I dont understand what makes people think being support is a viable excuse for playing stupid and feeding hard. If you are support, and youre 0/6/2 in lane, youre not doing it right.

/blogfaqs
---
I dont always argue with idiots. But when I do, I prefer Gamefaqs...
#2zefigPosted 3/12/2013 6:43:57 PM
Sometimes they die a lot because they misplay, true.

Sometimes they die to put their CC down so that the ADC who got caught out can live.

You gotta approach it case-by-case.
---
Wii FC: 1686 5820 3040 7075
XBL: PettyAlchemy
#3albinorhino004Posted 3/12/2013 6:44:30 PM
There's a difference between blindly feeding as support and sacrificing yourself for the enemy to get them off your AD
---
drinking is very bad
#4xMikhalxPosted 3/12/2013 6:46:16 PM
Sometimes the support is trying to make plays and the adc doesn't follow up... which means the next time the support comes back, they're going to all in the support and the support either stays far back and stays zoned/doesn't help adc or has to risk being a bit aggressive and helping the adc get more gold/get back.

Of course after the first 2 deaths, subsequent deaths usually shouldn't occur unless the support isn't very good or the lane has been shoved so hard that the support stays forever underleveled and free gold.
---
LoL IGN: Mikhal
#5Triikz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 6:49:31 PM(edited)
albinorhino004 posted...
There's a difference between blindly feeding as support and sacrificing yourself for the enemy to get them off your AD

This I agree with. However I am mostly referencing supports that just plain make stupid decisions constantly and die needlessly, despite their ADC doing fine and making great plays which would work out just fine, without the support needing to die.

EDIT: That was kind of redundant huh O.o Also, It seems that if the support is dying ti force kills for their ADC, then their deaths and assists should be very close to the same number.
---
#6Supercuaco666Posted 3/12/2013 6:50:31 PM
I was once against an Ezreal/Zyra lane as Twitch with Taric support. At one point Zyra rooted me out of position, and Taric stunned Zyra. Ezreal blinked away and we killed Zyra.
After that we focused on Zyra for kills because lolEzrealFreeFlash and because he would never fight back.

By mid game, Zyra was "the feeder" and Ezreal had a normal score (0/1/1 or something). The enemy team was raging at Zyra the whole match, while to me it was pretty obvious it was Ezreal's fault.
---
I'm apparently horse food.
#7centurion911Posted 3/12/2013 6:55:45 PM
If a support's score is 0/3/2 I'd call that meh

0/9/25 is really good to a team. They're worth next to nothing so sacrificing themselves is nothing to them, but have made a fair amount of plays.
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#8Triikz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 7:01:59 PM
centurion911 posted...

0/9/25 is really good to a team. They're worth next to nothing so sacrificing themselves is nothing to them, but have made a fair amount of plays.

Again, I agree with this. But I am referring to the supports who are feeding for seemingly nothing. 0/9/25, I like that score for a support. You helped make 25 kills happen. 0/9/2... what the heck were you doing?

Now I am aware that a bad adc can screw over a support. I do feel though that a good support would realize the flaws in their ADC and try to adjust their play/plan. If I am supporting a very passive or skittish ADC, I will adjust my play style to be more suitable to his. This strategy, thus far, has kept me from feeding unnecessarily.
---
#9centurion911Posted 3/12/2013 7:04:28 PM
Triikz posted...
centurion911 posted...

Again, I agree with this. But I am referring to the supports who are feeding for seemingly nothing. 0/9/25, I like that score for a support. You helped make 25 kills happen. 0/9/2... what the heck were you doing?

Now I am aware that a bad adc can screw over a support. I do feel though that a good support would realize the flaws in their ADC and try to adjust their play/plan. If I am supporting a very passive or skittish ADC, I will adjust my play style to be more suitable to his. This strategy, thus far, has kept me from feeding unnecessarily.

People in soloque don't realize that people can't read their thoughts.

'Nuff said
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#10Triikz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 7:05:25 PM
centurion911 posted...
Triikz posted...
centurion911 posted...

People in soloque don't realize that people can't read their thoughts.

'Nuff said

Fair enough
---