Thresh or Sona?

#1wantfastcarsPosted 3/13/2013 12:51:12 PM
Thresh or Sona? - Results (67 votes)
Thresh
58.21% (39 votes)
Sona
41.79% (28 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Looking for a support. Sona has the fact that she's ultra-cheap plus is apparently easy to play, though I've never played her. I played Thresh once, during his free week, and while I didn't do well, I had fun and I liked playing him.

So who would you suggest as the better Support? I understand that Thresh is a lot more versatile and can be played as more than just a Support, while Sona is a lot more limited in potential roles but is very good at what she does. I'm leaning towards Thresh, but I only have about 1700 IP at the moment, so...
---
Now Playing: BL2, TF2, LoL
i5-3570k | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RAM | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB HDD
#2lightdragoon88Posted 3/13/2013 12:53:41 PM
If you want to be a support only, go with Sona.

If you are good with skill shots and want to harass support, go with Thresh or Lulu.
---
My favorite League of Legend Champion: http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q7BrWKG.png
#3FvPPosted 3/13/2013 12:55:01 PM
Thresh
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#4Damien 5000Posted 3/13/2013 12:58:20 PM
I'm a much bigger fan of harass supports, than I am of simply supports. Champs like Sona and Soraka bore me to tears. Champs like Thresh, Blitz and Leona are tons of fun.
---
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010
#5QuetzalmaPosted 3/13/2013 1:00:17 PM
TL;DR
Sona if you're Solo Q
Thresh if you want to play aggressively, better to use with premades

I main support(have them all except Nami) and I can say that overall, Sona is better, especially in Solo Queue, I've tried both champs you are asking and Thresh is much harder to coordinate in Solo Q, if you play with a Premade bot/team, then it depends on how you want to play during lane phase, both Sona and Thresh can be aggressive, but Sona can also be played passively and is better against Poke champs(Cait/Nunu for example) since she can heal, in case you were using Thresh, you have no sustain(the shield doesn't count as sustain) and you'll eventually end up getting poked with no way to heal, so with Thresh you'd want to be always on the aggressive. If you go Solo Q, then its much harder to coordinate with ur partner when to attack, remember him to use lantern, etc...
#6Suffer_NotPosted 3/13/2013 1:02:49 PM
Damien 5000 posted...
I'm a much bigger fan of harass supports, than I am of simply supports. Champs like Sona and Soraka bore me to tears. Champs like Thresh, Blitz and Leona are tons of fun.

Are you... not playing Sona as a harassing support? What are you doing, maxing W? Sona succeeds in lane specifically by poking with her Q and power chord.

Furthermore, Blitz and Leona aren't harass champions. Their kits are designed to go all in on the other team; they want kills, not harass. Thresh can harass with the passive on his Q, but he's also a champion that ideally wants to engage the enemy and fight them, rather than poke them to draw them away from CS.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#7Damien 5000Posted 3/13/2013 1:04:35 PM
Suffer_Not posted...
Damien 5000 posted...

Are you... not playing Sona as a harassing support? What are you doing, maxing W? Sona succeeds in lane specifically by poking with her Q and power chord.

Furthermore, Blitz and Leona aren't harass champions. Their kits are designed to go all in on the other team; they want kills, not harass. Thresh can harass with the passive on his Q, but he's also a champion that ideally wants to engage the enemy and fight them, rather than poke them to draw them away from CS.

I've actually never played as Sona. I actually don't even support unless I'm with a friend, and then I just Leona or Thresh support.

You should probably just avoid anything I say, unless it's jungler related.
---
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010
#8DartDragoonPosted 3/13/2013 1:06:30 PM
Sona's better for Solo queue, but Thresh has way more potential especially if you play with people with who you can coordinate your attacks
---
GT: AstroZombie29
SF4: Vega BB: Arakune MK: Sindel UMvC3: TaskMstr / Haggar / Trish
#9Darkyellow327Posted 3/13/2013 1:13:41 PM(edited)
If you're not playing Sona by maxing Q and harassing the other laners like crazy, you're playing her wrong. Thresh is better because he has the Blitz flash bug, is insanely tanky for free, and has ridiculous utility with the lantern. Sona is still very good.
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#10SmishhhPosted 3/13/2013 1:20:41 PM
Several people have explained the situation, Thresh is better but Sona will be more consistently useful. The lantern alone makes Thresh better, its one of the best supportive skills in the game, probably top 3. But if you have clowns who don't click it, and ignore your successful pulls, you're going to be having a bad time. Sona's help you can force on the person by auras, healing, and poking away enemies.