Does anyone play a lot of Dominion?

#1I_love_SunnyDPosted 3/13/2013 2:21:03 PM
Invisible ELO exists for dom right?

I'm just wondering at higher levels of invisible elo play does the first person to reach mid point, capture ? Or the last person? It seems pretty common for the slowest person to cap the mid point while the rest head top, I personally never understood this.

Curious if more skilled Dom players do the opposite so the point can get capped quicker and the person can just head top right away. The few times I've done this it seemed to work better but I haven't done it enough to really know and I don't play all that much Dom to begin with to keep trying.
---
I actually prefer the purple stuff
#2JackDaniels1964Posted 3/13/2013 2:22:33 PM
Who?
---
Kill me and take all my gold, just don't harm me T.T
Badazz stylezz GGzz WPzz 2006 Nerf pls
#3SirGizmoPosted 3/13/2013 2:23:59 PM
The more Dom matches I do, the more I see people get fast 3 Champions and Ghost to top to try to cap push the cap more towards their favor before the team fight breaks out. Champions like Rammus, Hecarim, etc.
---
""You miss 100% of the shots you dont take. -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott." -SirGizmo
#4Tali_ZorahPosted 3/13/2013 2:25:26 PM
In my dom games people usually call if they're gonna take mid. It doesn't generally matter at all, though, as long as it gets capped, though usually it seems to be someone who can get to top faster that gets it, unless it's like a mobility rammus with ghost, people like that usually race top to get some head start capping done on it.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3568 3549 8596
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1593 3074 6920
#5SorrySleepingPosted 3/13/2013 2:26:14 PM
Mid should be a choice not based on speed.

The best harassers, the best tanks, the best CC goes up top ASPS.
Your assassins, clean up crew, or anyone generally lacking in the above caps mid.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#6mattislegionPosted 3/13/2013 2:27:04 PM
No one competent ghosts to the first point.
It's always 4 top and 1 bot, unless someone is doing some stupid backcap strategy or something. There is an Elo for Dominion. I haven't played it in a while, but I got up around 2K. The person with the least amount of poke or impact on the top point fight is supposed to cap mid. Always use Revive. Unless something has changed in the last few months.
---
"Stranded in this spooky town."
LoL IGN: Matt Is Legion, A Mole Sitting
#7Raging FirePosted 3/13/2013 3:16:41 PM
Mid should be a choice not based on speed.

The best harassers, the best tanks, the best CC goes up top ASPS.
Your assassins, clean up crew, or anyone generally lacking in the above caps mid.

No one competent ghosts to the first point.
It's always 4 top and 1 bot, unless someone is doing some stupid backcap strategy or something. There is an Elo for Dominion. I haven't played it in a while, but I got up around 2K. The person with the least amount of poke or impact on the top point fight is supposed to cap mid. Always use Revive. Unless something has changed in the last few months.

What they said. Also, it's arguably better to finish capping your mid slightly after the enemy finishes capping theirs, so that your nexus health ends up one lower than theirs, resulting in a decreased death timer for your team.
#8Megaman703Posted 3/13/2013 3:20:57 PM
Generally the slowest person will cap mid point, and they're cap it at the northern edge of the cap point. If your opponent doesn't do this, then your team will be a couple of points behind. The couple of points usually doesn't matter in the end, but your team death timers is a couple of seconds lower if you're losing, and that might matter in the battle for the northern point.
---
"In the game of chess you can never let your opponent see your pieces."
#9RihawfPosted 3/13/2013 3:26:01 PM
I played a lot in the past, got up to 1500~1600, don't know about dominion now.
---
LoL NA IGN: MyakkoFirst|steam: rihawf| Nami main
League of Legends BR IGN: Rihawf (who'd know?)
#10PrintScreenKeyPosted 3/13/2013 3:30:12 PM
Rihawf posted...
I played a lot in the past, got up to 1500~1600, don't know about dominion now.

why did you stop playing dominion