"Let's talk about champ select" - Lyte

#31shadowtemariPosted 3/13/2013 5:29:06 PM
xDarknezzx posted...
These are some major problems with Champ Select that we’ve identified in our research. So what’s next? A lot of players have suggested the following:

1) Vote Kick | Players want the ability to vote kick toxic players from Champ Select.

2) WoW Dungeon Finder | Players want the ability to queue up for a particular role like “Healer” and “DPS” and placed into a Champ Select with a team

3) Prisoner’s Island | Players want matchmaking to pair toxic players with toxic players, and positive players with positive players.

What are some pros and cons to these ideas? Would they work for League?

If posted these idea's here a while now and i really want these along with pings being displayed in lobbies. Enough games have been ruined by ppl who lag so hard they cant even cs yet still que up to play.
---
The Official Ouroboros of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
[JUS:2492-0202-2363][PokemonD Shadow:4467-74599271]
#32New_PantsPosted 3/13/2013 5:59:52 PM
If nothing else, I believe vote kick needs to be implemented. People always claim that it can be abused, but let's face it EVERYTHING has the potential to be abused, and the current system does not make provisions for people who actually try to be team players.
---
~SamuraiChicken~
There's a fine line between stupidity and insanity. Will you cross it?
#33mantana888Posted 3/13/2013 6:04:18 PM
Nice post Dartkun.

I have no problem with a Captains Mode. I mean, if those elitist jerks over at Dota 2 can handle it obviously the superior LoL community can too. Right?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#34ssj4supervegetaPosted 3/13/2013 6:20:07 PM
<,<

It is pick order tho.

think about it, the first pick chooses something (lets say mid lane), the other person now has a choice. he can pick a mid lane champion as well with the intention of still going mid, thereby essentiallly messing up his teams chances of winning, which tends to be what happens when people try to do strange/uncommon things. Or they can choose a different role after noticing that that mid lane has been taken.

"I cant do x" well you shouldnt be trying to get ranked on your performance if you cant play the game in all its facets.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#35natchu96Posted 3/13/2013 7:34:54 PM
ssj4supervegeta posted...
<,<

It is pick order tho.

think about it, the first pick chooses something (lets say mid lane), the other person now has a choice. he can pick a mid lane champion as well with the intention of still going mid, thereby essentiallly messing up his teams chances of winning, which tends to be what happens when people try to do strange/uncommon things. Or they can choose a different role after noticing that that mid lane has been taken.

"I cant do x" well you shouldnt be trying to get ranked on your performance if you cant play the game in all its facets.

Somehow, I doubt most goalkeepers on soccer teams are as good at offense as goalkeeping. Some people are just better playing some roles than others. Most roles play so differently it's like a different game.

Ranked is also not the only place where people troll and stack triple top with no mid or something absurd like that. It's not fun, I assure you.
---
"Memento Mori, if the nineth lion ate the sun." - Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
#36tristin809Posted 3/13/2013 9:32:41 PM
FreakingPoo posted...
that captain thing is crap... you should never play a particular role just because someone says so...

think about the best jungler... he doesnt wants to gank all the time and wants to lay low on mid... but there is a better mid and then he has to jungle, just because he is good at that...

it happened to me in the last month of S2... no one knew how to jungle so i played skarner for about a month, even at pre season and at the beggining of season 3 no one wanted to jungle and i kept playing skarner... until i saw i was falling hard end game...

Which is why Captain's pick should be a separate mode, like in dota. Then if you don't like it you don't play it, personally I would love a Ranked Captain's Pick. The whole profile with you're preferred champs sounds really cool.
---
"Shop smart, shop s-mart." -Ash, Army of Darkness
UMVC3 Main Team: Wesker(b), Sentinel(a), Strider(y)
#37Edgemaster70000Posted 3/13/2013 10:37:24 PM
Frankly I think they just need to add a bunch of "player info" boxes. I have a suggestion picture made that I plan to post on the LoL forums.

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u384/SamLehocky/lolchampselectsuggestion_zpse43dc420.png
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
#38ssj4supervegetaPosted 3/14/2013 4:43:47 AM
MegaSTV posted...

No it isn't. Any system where innocent people can be punished just because of baddies is a bad system.

Basically, people will be able to DICTATE who I play as long as they agree on who I play.

"Pick XXXX, he counters YYYYYY"

"Yeah, do it!"

"I'm not really good with XXXXX, but if I pick ZZZZZ, I could probably do well"

"OMG NO, ZZZZZ sucks. Votekick him plz".

you're implying you'd want to play with those people anyway...
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#39WebBowserPosted 3/14/2013 7:43:50 AM
Dartkun posted...

a really good idea

This would be really awesome, it would almost be like having a premade. I personally like it a lot. As long as they don't ditch blind pick (which would be stupid imo), I can see this working very well.
---
Enjoy writing your own stories? Like Pikmin? Want to enter a fully developed world with a blank slate to mold to your hearts content? PM Imboredsoimrest!
#40Silvanus350Posted 3/14/2013 7:48:35 AM
They ought to make pre- and post-game chat available for tribunal viewing.

I mean, it's not going to alleviate all the problems (some people just don't care), but it seems a logical next step.
---
You are now breathing manually.
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ~ |||||||||||||||||||| ~ ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]