how did this guy get banned (from reddit)

#71ShurikoPosted 3/14/2013 1:13:09 PM
g-cube_masta posted...
it was a wrongful ban but this one example out of how many cases? Tribunal is right more than it is wrong. Sure this guy got f---ed but no system will be perfect.

Plus now the guy will get unbanned and probably get some "sorry about that" rp.

This

ChocoboDreams posted...
Shuriko posted...
Saving this to repost to ignorant children who actually support the Tribunal.

What the Tribunal -does- offer as far as keeping the community clean is definitely, definitely worth a few botched cases now and then. Stop whining because you don't get to rage at teammates or troll without being punished.

And definitely this.

So you have statistics proving the efficacy of it? The lack of degeneracy? In that case, please show me. I'd love to see it!

Otherwise please crawl back into your desk in your 6th-grade classroom because it's obvious you don't understand the need for a foundation before making blanket statements.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aTk36Od.jpg
http://www.synchtube.com/r/vidyagaemz
#72The-World-SevenPosted 3/14/2013 1:36:07 PM
Came in to thread ready to say "Bump, waiting for overturn" but since it already happened and you're still crying about the system...

Shuriko posted...
g-cube_masta posted...
it was a wrongful ban but this one example out of how many cases? Tribunal is right more than it is wrong. Sure this guy got f---ed but no system will be perfect.

Plus now the guy will get unbanned and probably get some "sorry about that" rp.

This

ChocoboDreams posted...
Shuriko posted...
Saving this to repost to ignorant children who actually support the Tribunal.

What the Tribunal -does- offer as far as keeping the community clean is definitely, definitely worth a few botched cases now and then. Stop whining because you don't get to rage at teammates or troll without being punished.

And definitely this.

So you have statistics proving the efficacy of it? The lack of degeneracy? In that case, please show me. I'd love to see it!

Otherwise please crawl back into your desk in your 6th-grade classroom because it's obvious you don't understand the need for a foundation before making blanket statements.

How many people do you think are wrongfully banned and don't make a huge deal about it?

You don't need statistics; just think about it.

Every once in a while they provide the statistics that you're asking for, but I suppose you wouldn't trust those statistics because they're from the people who made the system that you criticize with so much bias anyway. I'd say there's nothing that would appease you, but I'll leave it open for you to say what actually would.
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#73ShurikoPosted 3/14/2013 1:41:34 PM
How many people do you think are wrongfully banned and don't make a huge deal about it?

You don't need statistics; just think about it.

Exactly.

Just think about it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aTk36Od.jpg
http://www.synchtube.com/r/vidyagaemz
#74The-World-SevenPosted 3/14/2013 1:52:23 PM
My point was that it doesn't happen often and that it gets fixed whenever it does.
---
#75zepfyaPosted 3/14/2013 2:04:26 PM
Almost every case I reviewed in the tribunal is toxic players, but a few come along that make no sense for being reported. Problem is not everyone reads the logs they just press punish, which should kick them out of the tribunal if they keep getting the cases wrong.
#76Kevman510Posted 3/14/2013 6:26:40 PM
Almost every case I reviewed in the tribunal is toxic players, but a few come along that make no sense for being reported. Problem is not everyone reads the logs they just press punish, which should kick them out of the tribunal if they keep getting the cases wrong.

Except this is the problem: everyone spams punish, and on top of that, you have posters like the one on the first page and Slayn on this page who say "oh well he probably did x or didn't do x, so he deserves the ban" without knowing conclusively that the player did or did not do those things. It's why the system is total garbage, no one judges based on the rules, they base their judgments on their own personal vindictive feelings. Not to mention that Shuriko is right about the fact that when a team loses, there is ALWAYS someone that gets reported because they're looking to assign blame because "it's never my fault, I won my lane." Couple this with the fact that the Tribunal is composed of these same players, and people just spamming punish, and you get a completely messed up, unfair system. Anyone with a brain can see that. Besides, if this guy hadn't posted his case on Reddit and made a big deal about it, he wouldn't have gotten it overturned. I've had friends show me their report cards where they did nothing wrong and submitted a ticket to Riot and gotten the cookie-cutter "the Tribunal works, please try to improve your behavior" response.
#77CovenantPosted 3/14/2013 7:06:33 PM
Kevman510 posted...
... WOW. I want you to think about what you just posted and then reply when you realize how stupid it was.

Too busy laughing at the slow kids who don't understand how the Tribunal works.
#78The-World-SevenPosted 3/15/2013 9:25:57 AM
Kevman510 posted...
Except this is the problem: everyone spams punish, and on top of that, you have posters like the one on the first page and Slayn on this page who say "oh well he probably did x or didn't do x, so he deserves the ban" without knowing conclusively that the player did or did not do those things. It's why the system is total garbage, no one judges based on the rules, they base their judgments on their own personal vindictive feelings. Not to mention that Shuriko is right about the fact that when a team loses, there is ALWAYS someone that gets reported because they're looking to assign blame because "it's never my fault, I won my lane." Couple this with the fact that the Tribunal is composed of these same players, and people just spamming punish, and you get a completely messed up, unfair system. Anyone with a brain can see that. Besides, if this guy hadn't posted his case on Reddit and made a big deal about it, he wouldn't have gotten it overturned. I've had friends show me their report cards where they did nothing wrong and submitted a ticket to Riot and gotten the cookie-cutter "the Tribunal works, please try to improve your behavior" response.

Not everyone just spams punish without looking and not everyone reports people when they lose. That kind of thing only happens at the lowest elo rankings, where toxic players accumulate.

Is that where you are? It seems that way.

By the way, the reason that guy's case became such a big deal wasn't because he made it huge. The reddit community simply read the case and made it a huge deal themselves. They did so simply because there was definitely something wrong with that case report.
---
#79Silvanus350Posted 3/15/2013 9:45:42 AM
This ban was overturned yesterday.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1a86q3/what_happens_when_youre_trying_to_contact_support/
---
You are now breathing manually.
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ~ |||||||||||||||||||| ~ ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#80ssj4supervegetaPosted 3/15/2013 10:02:33 AM(edited)
First time i've seen one that genuinely did not deserve a ban. or any form of punishment.

KoHfam posted...
Shuriko posted...
So, am I seriously the only one who thinks he deserved it?

Looking at most of the game's chat, it seems like he never did anything to actually help his team. This combined with his not chatting is a lot of lack of communication.

If it was just bad decisions with him actually talking to his team, or vice versa, I'd say "yeah he didn't deserve ban", but he definitely deserved it.

I present to you: What is centrally wrong with the Tribunal.

Let me ask you: Would you want to play with someone who not only makes bad decisions, but also doesn't speak to your team at all while making these bad decisions?

Take that mindset into the tribunal.

...No dont take that mindset :/

The only thing, THE ONLY THING you should take with you is "is this against the rules"

Nothing he did was against the rules.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!