I am really bad early game as an ADC.

#1earth angelPosted 3/14/2013 8:11:04 PM
I'm not sure how to get better at it though.

I was just against an Ashe/Sona lane as MF with Lulu as my support and died twice in lane (once to Sona, once to Ashe, so neither could snowball too much), and only got the upper hand due to my last hitting being better and getting a BF sword before her. I ended up going 20/13/13, so not too bad (way too many deaths though), and Annie and I carried the game, but it still doesn't excuse the two deaths at the front.

Any tips? Or links to some people playing ADC that I could watch and see what I'm doing wrong? I know doublelift streams on azubu, but a lot of the ones features on Twitch or on lolking seem to be jungle, support, or top.

Oh, and when I say my last hitting was better, I don't necessarily mean good. I only average about 50 every 10 minutes. And yes this is normals, not ranked. Only level 25 (i.e. I'm bad, so take it easy.)

Link to my lolking to take a poke at anything else I am doing wrong in terms of items or what not.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/22465699#profile
---
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_LumB6aTbww0/S80M2v-0CaI/AAAAAAAAAC4/cUbLwQhi9MA/%20c3.gif http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t204/chief413/1273202888691.gif
#2MetleonPosted 3/14/2013 8:18:41 PM
Play a bunch of ARAM games and learn to dodge skillshots better? I came in to suggest learning to last hit but you see to do that pretty well. I guess just playing safe and playing a late game ADC would be best.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#3darkwing1232Posted 3/14/2013 8:27:54 PM
Know your opponent... Ashe's volley has an extremely long range BUT early on also has a relatively high cd and costs a lot of mana. Also staying behind your minions mean more often than not you wont get hit. Just knowing your opponents and their abilities goes a hugely long way.
#4BhelliumPosted 3/14/2013 8:29:56 PM
Have your support be jiggling siege minions

knowing your support
plenty of times i do terribly on bot because I'm trying to adapt to them, they're trying to adapt to me, and the result is a cluster**** of passive/aggressive
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#5DracovianPosted 3/14/2013 8:42:24 PM(edited)
As an ADC your main purpose is last hitting. You can poke your opponent if you see an opening but for the most part try to focus on farming until your jungler comes to try and get you a kill. This is very dependent on the enemy you are facing and his support. For example is you are up against Nidalee then you need to use your minions as shields from her spears to render her very ineffective. All this matchup knowledge comes from experience. Just play a lot and learn what each champ is capable of.

Every 15 minions or so are worth a kill. So if you are 0/3 but you have 100 cs and your opponent is 3/0 but has 36 cs you are winning by quite a bit. Keep that in mind. Getting CS is your #1 priority. Don't get discouraged by deaths if you are farming well. Don't get tunnel vision if your enemy is low on HP and dive their turret or into their support. If you kill him but his support kills you, then his support gets gold for the kill and their adc gets gold for the assist so you get 300 and they get about 450. They win the exchange.

Also, remember, armor is cheaper than damage. He got an early BF Sword? Don't be afraid to get a Chain Vest. He spent 1550 for +45 attack and you got +40 def for 720. A bad player will keep getting damage even if he is behind in kills AND cs. Don't be one of those.

Learn those matchups. Just keep playing, practice makes perfect.

EDIT: Rushing a BF Sword is not always a good idea. If you are winning your lane in all aspects then go for it. But if it's tightly contested, get a Vamipiric Scepter and a Doran's Blade or boots. The sustain will allow you to stay in lane longer than your opponent and the 80HP make a bigger difference than you think.
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House
#6natchu96Posted 3/14/2013 8:33:15 PM
Metleon posted...
Play a bunch of ARAM games and learn to dodge skillshots better? I came in to suggest learning to last hit but you see to do that pretty well. I guess just playing safe and playing a late game ADC would be best.

To add to that, the point of being a 'carry' is that you're supposed to live and farm your levels until endgame where you are godlike compared to before and can carry the game yourself instead of having to have the support carry you. Playing it safe and last hitting makes much more sense in that regard. You probably shouldn't be engaging champions without a blatant advantage (like 2v1 with a turret to push the outgoing damage even higher). or if they walk into your attack range with low health for whatever reason. Long range harassment is still safe, I guess. You probably won't be getting kills otherwise, and dying helps them way more than it helps you.
---
"Memento Mori, if the nineth lion ate the sun." - Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
#7NinjaKangarooPosted 3/14/2013 9:28:49 PM
The number one tip I can think of is that you need to realize that every single low hp minion is an opening for a poke on you or the enemy AD.

Keep track of your creeps hp bars and you can get a poke or two in, this part is more important for support, but if the enemy creeps are above last hitting hp and yours are in it, free damage (at least the AD shouldn't be able to trade, if he does, denied cs).

Predicting the support is much trickier, just keep track of them. When the reverse situation happens to you, try your best to be ready. You can't trade up, but if your champ has a decent burst skill, AAing the minion and swapping that can at least bop them on the nose. If your supports on his toes, again, it won't be such a big problem.

Always be ready to book it if it looks like a situation you're going to die in. Kite like crazy when the situation allows, just stay safe as a priority though.

And obviously, CS is the biggest.
---
XBL GT: NinjaKangarooo ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUqOUGlqsc8 )
#8myg0t_stkPosted 3/14/2013 9:30:12 PM
>early game
>adc

adcs are mostly late game
---
ezreal is my waifu
#9NinjaKangarooPosted 3/14/2013 9:32:47 PM
myg0t_stk posted...
>early game
>adc

They also lane against each other and their early game still decides how their late game goes....

Don't be this unhelpful D=.
---
XBL GT: NinjaKangarooo ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUqOUGlqsc8 )
#10JaggiJumperPosted 3/14/2013 9:39:46 PM
myg0t_stk posted...
>early game
>adc

He means he's losing early game ergo: the enemy ADC is beating him.

Anyway TC, buy some Dorans blades if you're struggling.
---
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
LoL IGN: I Am Zyra. Aphoristic (12:31): all you do is b****