I am really bad early game as an ADC.

#11HyperShadow4321Posted 3/14/2013 10:12:04 PM
I play MF a lot, so I can try to give you some tips for early game success.

1. Focus on last-hitting, not necessarily killing. If you have a more hard support like Soraka, Janna, etc with you, then you might not be able to do enough damage pre-6 to take down an enemy. You really have to adapt to your support a bit since some supports can help secure kills better (Thresh, Blitzcrank, Sona) while others can help keep you alive (Soraka).

2. NEVER EVER leave yourself open to ganks. Try not to push your lane too much unless you're slamming the opponent and the river is warded. If the river isn't warded, tell your support to get some wards (or get one yourself if you can afford it).

3. Getting kills is secondary to CS. Sometimes you just won't be able to secure kills pre-6 depending on your support and the opponents in your lane.

As far as MF goes, I personally recommend prioritizing her skills R>Q>E>W. Max your Q out as soon as possible. Keep in mind that her Q's bounce shot does extra damage, so try to poke your enemies if they are standing right by their minions. Or if the ADC and support are very close, you can sometimes get a hit on both of them with one Q. MF is pretty mana starved though, so try not to abuse her skills. If you can afford it, I like to get that Faerie Charm early on for some extra mana regen.

As far as starting items with MF, I like to go Boots+3 HP pots, then Greaves, Vampiric Scepter, and Faerie Charm first. If you are doing well in lane, I'll often upgrade the charm into a Tear of the Goddess a little later on so that she can abuse her skills much more without having to worry about running out of mana. The first big item I'll usually finish will either be the Bloodthirster or Black Cleaver. Both are solid choices, but I always get both. Then the Phantom Dancer. You can alter this or build a defensive item earlier on if you feel that you need it and can counter your lane opponent well.
#12dragonfire55Posted 3/14/2013 10:28:32 PM
I play MF a lot, so I can try to give you some tips for early game success.

1. Focus on last-hitting, not necessarily killing. If you have a more hard support like Soraka, Janna, etc with you, then you might not be able to do enough damage pre-6 to take down an enemy. You really have to adapt to your support a bit since some supports can help secure kills better (Thresh, Blitzcrank, Sona) while others can help keep you alive (Soraka).

2. NEVER EVER leave yourself open to ganks. Try not to push your lane too much unless you're slamming the opponent and the river is warded. If the river isn't warded, tell your support to get some wards (or get one yourself if you can afford it).

3. Getting kills is secondary to CS. Sometimes you just won't be able to secure kills pre-6 depending on your support and the opponents in your lane.

As far as MF goes, I personally recommend prioritizing her skills R>Q>E>W. Max your Q out as soon as possible. Keep in mind that her Q's bounce shot does extra damage, so try to poke your enemies if they are standing right by their minions. Or if the ADC and support are very close, you can sometimes get a hit on both of them with one Q. MF is pretty mana starved though, so try not to abuse her skills. If you can afford it, I like to get that Faerie Charm early on for some extra mana regen.

As far as starting items with MF, I like to go Boots+3 HP pots, then Greaves, Vampiric Scepter, and Faerie Charm first. If you are doing well in lane, I'll often upgrade the charm into a Tear of the Goddess a little later on so that she can abuse her skills much more without having to worry about running out of mana. The first big item I'll usually finish will either be the Bloodthirster or Black Cleaver. Both are solid choices, but I always get both. Then the Phantom Dancer. You can alter this or build a defensive item earlier on if you feel that you need it and can counter your lane opponent well.

All of my what.

No, don't get tear of the goddess on MF, or any ADC. It's much more important for you to get your big item like BT or BotRK first. However, I've found that coming back into lane with doran's blades/vamp scepter helps immensely over rushing a BF sword. Tear of the goddess does not help you snowball, doran's blades do.

I run 21/0/9 on MF with points in mana regen to cover for her mana problems, but if you don't feel like you will utilize this and feel safer with more heatlh, go 21/9/0.

I put a point in w level 1, but I wait to see if there's invade or not. If anything happens before laning phase, I put a point in q for AA/q combo. I also max R>Q>W>E in that order. E is not useful for you unless you want to push the lane or slow down enemies to secure a kill, and level 1 E can do the latter just fine. So levels 1 through 4 go W>Q>Q>E. Know the range of your q and it's second bounce. It's a very good harassing tool if you can utilize it to its fullest extent. You know that the second bounce does more damage, so punish your lane opponent if they are not wary. Even with 21/0/9 you'll have mana problems though, so just care if your jungler is coming to conserve some mana.

Know the ranges of your opposing adc/support. Know your own range. Everything else is pretty much covered by others in this topic.
---
76% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
PSN: Ryukeshen
#13kaysa13Posted 3/14/2013 10:30:42 PM
Know your support, then know your match-up.

Since you have Lulu, it's advisable to let her zone your enemies while you concentrate on farming. As someone said previously, kills, especially early at this game, is secondary to your farm. Remember that the ADC revels at late game; getting good farm is a sure way snowball effectively.

Never let yourself get caught in a compromising position. Assuming you're in blue team, an unwarded tri-bush (which is also a mistake of support) while pushing tower is a big no-no. You're just inviting the opposing jungler to bite you, especially if the enemy team is a gank-heavy team.
---
This is a signature.
#14AmarajahPosted 3/14/2013 10:40:31 PM
dont start with a dorans blade, its usually terrible because you will just get poked down then be zoned from all farm and have to b and lose even more
#15dragonfire55Posted 3/14/2013 11:45:51 PM
dont start with a dorans blade, its usually terrible because you will just get poked down then be zoned from all farm and have to b and lose even more

Though it's viable to start with doran's blades if you have a support that can heal you. Longsword/2 pot is generally better regardless, but it does depend on your support and lane opponent.
---
76% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
PSN: Ryukeshen
#16HabnotPosted 3/15/2013 1:07:31 AM
Hahaha this topic
---
Look, the point is to get him to go to the naked party, not correctly interpret the Bible. - Ridley X.
#17earth angel(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 4:55:26 AM
Awesome, thanks for the tips. I normally starts LS/2 pots. I know Doran's is better for the money, but I feel like I'm wasting gold because it doesn't buy into anything. Poor thinking of a beginning player, or is it just one of those "there's an argument for both," and I need to decide which I like best?
---
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_LumB6aTbww0/S80M2v-0CaI/AAAAAAAAAC4/cUbLwQhi9MA/%20c3.gif http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t204/chief413/1273202888691.gif
#18ins_usernamePosted 3/15/2013 5:00:13 AM
Master troll has succeeded.
#19gkh5Posted 3/15/2013 8:16:53 AM
Ok are you primarily using MF? She's more of a poke laner. There are ADC's that poke early game such as MF, Cait, and Ashe and ADC's that try and burst with skills early game such as graves. Just realize what kind of ADC you're using and try and control the engagements with your support so that you're playing to your strengths.

As someone else has said, your own low health minions are your best opportunity to get free poke in and wear the other ADC down.

At lvl 25, most supports are probably going to be bad so I'd recommend learning Ez or Corki since they have both the offense capabilities to follow up an aggressive play and a great escape if you need it.
---
LoL IGN: alpha10
#20UnderwaterAirPosted 3/15/2013 8:48:09 AM
I am really bad early game as an ADC.

Is your name Vayne? lol
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!