do you normally stick to one or 2 champions?

#11BossfellaPosted 3/15/2013 9:32:58 AM
I have a couple per role that I like. You won't always get the role you want.
---
A curse on the judges, the coppers, and screws who torture the innocent, wrongly accused.
#12dotsdfePosted 3/15/2013 9:45:16 AM
Sticking to one or two is bad unless you play like...Cho'gath and Kayle. You'll want to be able to play any role.

As for specializing within roles, it's not a bad idea at all. I play a decent amount of champions but at higher Elo, I could see having maybe two per role: A safe pick with very few bad matchups in case you're picking your role before your laning opponent, and a counterpick in case you see someone you counter get picked first.
---
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.
#13Botnus912(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 9:46:51 AM
I like the way that Shyvana and Twisted Fate play, but I'm not too keen on what position/role they should be in.
---
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd471/botnus912/charlie-s-high-dance.gif
I'm so fresh you can suck my nuts
#14Ravid182Posted 3/15/2013 9:54:08 AM
Bots teach you nothing but bad habbits past playing one of 2 bot games first time you ever play.

Play PvP. It may go bad and there will be a long time of learning, but you will learn better and quicker the worse it is.
#15jonlaw101Posted 3/15/2013 9:57:17 AM
Botnus912 posted...
I like the way that Shyvana and Twisted Fate play, but I'm not too keen on what position/role they should be in.

shyvana would be the dominant
i think they would prefer cowgirl
---
It's like playing monopoly then flipping the board over when they land on mayfair,saying 'lol i do what i want its just a game' - SoulStrikes
#16dotsdfePosted 3/15/2013 11:21:22 AM
Bots teach you nothing but bad habbits past playing one of 2 bot games first time you ever play.

Play PvP. It may go bad and there will be a long time of learning, but you will learn better and quicker the worse it is.

I don't necessarily agree with this. I'd say maybe play 4-5 bot games in the beginning until you're good with last hitting, have a basic familiarity with a few champions, etc. THEN go to PVP.

Once you've played a good deal of PVP, playing bots again is fine. I'm level 30 and I still play a bot game when I buy a new champion just to get a feel for them and stuff. Playing too many bot games early develops bad habits, but once you get a feel for the game, it's not a bad idea to try out new champions.
---
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.