So, about this new ARAM map (what does it truly mean?)

#1iPWNtheNoobsPosted 3/15/2013 9:30:07 PM
Haven't tried it, so share some knowledge.

We already have proving grounds?

It automatically gives you random champs?

Riot wants to make an official ARAM queue?
---
Trolling is a art
#2EphidelPosted 3/15/2013 9:34:59 PM
Yeah, you pretty much have it. It's replacing Proving Grounds and it's going to be official like SR/Twisted Treeline/Crystal Scar.
---
The time is out of joint. O cursed spite, that ever I was born to set it right!
http://i.imgur.com/pyvQmyz.gif
#3iPWNtheNoobs(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 9:41:02 PM
That is great. So proper IP gains? FWOTD bonus?
---
Trolling is a art
#4HagenExPosted 3/15/2013 9:41:59 PM
iPWNtheNoobs posted...
Haven't tried it, so share some knowledge.

It will take Proving Grounds place, and yes there will be a queue for it, with IP gain and stuff, just probably no ranked mode. Also, it will be only random in the queue, but you will be able to have any kind of choosing mode while making custom games.

I think it looks cool, and as a lot of people anticipated, I also think there will be some kind of themed update like they did with shadow isles, hopefully Lissandra comes along.
#5TheDarkNerdPosted 3/15/2013 9:45:29 PM
So then is the tutorial gonna take place on this map? Or is Proving Grounds gonna be retained to some degree?
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#6eco masterPosted 3/15/2013 9:46:09 PM
iPWNtheNoobs posted...

Yes, but the Howling Abyss will either replace the Proving Grounds entirely, or the existing art will only be used for the Tutorial. Not sure which is the case.

No, the map does not give you a random champion. The ARAM game mode (which will be used in the matchmaking system to be implemented soon) does that. You can play any mode on the Howling Abyss through custom games.

More than wants, they are doing that right now. The implications here (and possibly more) are as follows:

a) Matchmaking will happen based on a currently unknown criteria
b) Dodging a game in this queue will result in the regular dodge penalty. This discourages people leaving queue just because they didn't get a champion they like.
c) It may be possible to get a First Win of the Day bonus. To my knowledge, you cannot get the bonus in a custom game.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#7DeadpooL7Posted 3/15/2013 9:57:00 PM
TheDarkNerd posted...
So then is the tutorial gonna take place on this map? Or is Proving Grounds gonna be retained to some degree?

Dont think the tutorial is changing at all... Theyre adding this new map to make ARAM feel like its own real thing.
---
Taric is mai waifu
#8FlameLord23Posted 3/15/2013 10:20:26 PM
eco master posted...
iPWNtheNoobs posted...

Yes, but the Howling Abyss will either replace the Proving Grounds entirely, or the existing art will only be used for the Tutorial. Not sure which is the case.

No, the map does not give you a random champion. The ARAM game mode (which will be used in the matchmaking system to be implemented soon) does that. You can play any mode on the Howling Abyss through custom games.

More than wants, they are doing that right now. The implications here (and possibly more) are as follows:

a) Matchmaking will happen based on a currently unknown criteria
b) Dodging a game in this queue will result in the regular dodge penalty. This discourages people leaving queue just because they didn't get a champion they like.
c) It may be possible to get a First Win of the Day bonus. To my knowledge, you cannot get the bonus in a custom game.

Would be matchmade so you should get first win.

Things I want to know:
Bans? Would be interesting if you could ban champs.
Will free week champs be counted or just owned champs?
Will riot give me a cookie?
---
Annie TDC Hastur Shut up jesus.
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths
#9iPWNtheNoobs(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 8:27:42 PM
THIS IS AMAZING.

I am guessing that
Free week champs will be counted.
I hope you can still trade in this.
Having bans would be quite tricky, not sure how that would work? everyone votes one champ? give leaders then chose the champs.

Interesting, wonder how they will do matchmaking.

Proper IP gains and the dodging penalty is making me very happy. Good job riot.
---
Trolling is a art
#10iPWNtheNoobs(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 9:29:16 AM
bump.
Think this going to give First win of the day bonus? I think so if an official matchmaking queue.

When is this supposed to be released for public?
---
Trolling is a art