The reason Riot gives for the Karma rework is completely nonsensical.

#11AStrawhatPiratePosted 3/16/2013 4:11:28 AM
TC I don't know if you know this, but Riot has gave this reason several times. Go look up the reasons why they want to give VU's to Mordekaiser and Sion. I also think they said the same thing about Taric as well.

It's one of their main reason's for even doing visual updates in the first place.
---
LoL: Stank Dangerous
#12EphidelPosted 3/16/2013 5:39:53 AM
AStrawhatPirate posted...
TC I don't know if you know this, but Riot has gave this reason several times. Go look up the reasons why they want to give VU's to Mordekaiser and Sion. I also think they said the same thing about Taric as well.

It's one of their main reason's for even doing visual updates in the first place.

I think I've seen the posts you're talking about, but then after saying that stuff they went and released Thresh, who is somehow a support. Riot is silly.
---
The time is out of joint. O cursed spite, that ever I was born to set it right!
http://i.imgur.com/pyvQmyz.gif
#13GoldenFantasyPosted 3/16/2013 8:17:36 AM
Lord_Woobie posted...
Before I get started, I'll just say that I'm not usually one to say that things just flat-out don't make sense - you can justify a lot of things in some creative ways and get them to fly okay by me. But this just flat-out doesn't make sense.

It seems like the main reason Riot gives for reworking Karma is based, not in her clunky mechanics or nearly absolute team dependency, but in the fact that her mechanics don't seem to correlate with her aesthetic "theme."

Apparently people look at her and get confused as to whether they should be playing her as a support or as a bursty mage - both roles she can play pretty adequately, in the same vein as Orianna, Lux, or Morgana. I don't understand why one role necessarily excludes the other.

I'm not saying she doesn't need a rework - her kit doesn't flow very naturally and her play style is not very intuitive. But don't blame it on the way she looks.

If that's your criteria for champs that need a rework, then look at Swain. NOTHING about him at face-value (or at any value, tbqh) indicates that he should be able to transform into a giant man-eating bird. He's a tactician thematically, and should logically be something of a support champ, but instead he's a tanky DPS mage with a laser bird.

On that note, look at Blitzcrank and Thresh - what about them aesthetically indicates that they should be played as supports first and foremost? Amumu should be a tank? Wut? Fizz is an assassin who uses hats and hourglasses to kill people? Why does Mordekaiser use AP and Spell vamp to do his dirty work instead of oversized metallic weapons? I think you get the idea.

Source:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3197509&p=35330565

I've read that Amumu was supposed to be a mage, but players built him as a tank to take advantage of his kit (ie. his W and R)
Blitzcrank and Thresh look like tanks. The funny thing is, tanks have a secondary role as support. Whether their supporting capability is good or not is determined by their kit. ie. support volibear, shen, amumu
Ask Mordekaiser that and I'm sure he'll give you a suitable explanation
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks
#14kiba312Posted 3/16/2013 8:26:01 AM
Lord_Woobie posted...
look at Blitzcrank and Thresh - what about them aesthetically indicates that they should be played as supports

Only agreeing with this
---
(-_-(-_-(0.o)-_-)-_-)
oh noes 0.o
#15MegeasPosted 3/16/2013 8:52:34 AM
personally I feel that your confusing gameplay mechanics and the art style theme of characters. When an art style is designed for characters its not about them being support or bruiser its about fitting into a story and role that is created and Karma failed to do that. She was basically the women with the fans. Say what you want but sex appeal works. Making karma more interesting visually as well as mechanically is what is going to make people play her.

Swain being the tactician it makes sense that he would have an ace up his sleeve (ult). Blitz is a robot and Thresh has chains. those are the themes. Roles are separate. Lanes they play in don't define a character's design.

TLDR: Karma's remake is about making her look important and good while doing it.
#16Pirate 2Posted 3/16/2013 9:12:53 AM
if all they were changing was karmas leash, i think she'd be my favorite champ. the shield is rediculous and the fans end up doing some pretty respectable dmg and heals too.
#17CrumpledPaperPosted 3/16/2013 11:55:26 AM
I was wondering that too.

As a new player, you wouldn't have known Amumu is tanky.

I thought amumu was mid
did not go well
---
Eh
#18ssj4supervegetaPosted 3/16/2013 12:04:34 PM
No they said that was the reason for the visual rework part.

The skill reworks were cause of all the things people already said.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#19Masemune_100Posted 3/16/2013 12:22:29 PM
Lord_Woobie posted...
If that's your criteria for champs that need a rework, then look at Swain. NOTHING about him at face-value (or at any value, tbqh) indicates that he should be able to transform into a giant man-eating bird.

So, what you're saying is that Swain, the Master Tactician, should make it obvious that he can turn into a giant bird man?
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#20Gladiator28Posted 3/16/2013 12:29:09 PM
I dont know about you, but Blitzcrank seems like he could be a support. A robot who carefully watches over his ADC, pulling enemies to or from where the ADC is?

The lovable bodyguard, is essentially what I'm getting at.
---
LoL - Jokmor
GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.