How long before a jungler should start ganking

#1darkwing1232Posted 3/16/2013 1:52:57 PM
I just did a game where not even two minutes in top was asking for a gank because he was getting pushed back. All 3 were getting beat and feeding and they were blaming me because I wasn't ganking. I hadn't even gotten to red by that point and by the time I was able to start ganking the other team already had 3 lvls on me and were fed and I get blamed for not diving into a 1v3 to help. At what time/lvl is it appropriate to abandon monster farming to start ganking? I know it prolly varies but if a lane cant hold its own for a couple minutes to where I can get some farming what am I supposed to do?
#2NinjaKangarooPosted 3/16/2013 1:57:23 PM
People like to find someone to blame when they lose their lane.

That said, Junglers should have a decent understanding of how every lane is going to function, and common picks and counters for each lane.

Knowing that your singed top is about to be rolled by a teemo makes it a good plan to gank early and often for instance.

It varies jungler to jungler. Many junglers can do wolves-smiteless blue-Red and gank right there, but that requires your team to cooperate.

For instance, Maokai can do the above and gank with his root, kb/slow, and sapling right after red.

In this scenario, I'd say your team were being little *****es, but eh. What champ were you?
---
XBL GT: NinjaKangarooo ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUqOUGlqsc8 )
#3zeppelin312Posted 3/16/2013 1:58:58 PM(edited)
level 4, 3, or 2

depending on who you are, and how you pathed your jungle

you want to have red for ganks, so if you want to gank when you are level 2 just go wraiths-> red

if you want to gank at 3 go wolves->blue with smiteless->red and gank

if you want to gank at 4 go wolves->blue->wraiths->wolves->red OR you can do golems instead of second wolves, but **** golems

honestly people are dumb, and they will blame the jungler. Don't get down on yourself, just practice and with time you will have a better grasp on when you should be farming/ganking

they sound like they were just bad, welcome to soloqueue where you have to carry every game
#4darkwing1232(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 2:01:49 PM
I went Jungle Jax and it was J4 top that was losing and whining about ganks. I was almost to lvl 3 on my way to red he started asking and bot had already been double killed.
#5viajarvPosted 3/16/2013 2:02:46 PM
Depends on where you are and the lane comp, enemy comp and where their wards are.
#6MetleonPosted 3/16/2013 2:03:49 PM
The enemy mid is a Mordekaiser (or any other champ that's hard to gank past lv. 3): Consider getting a smiteless blue or start at red and gank right after you hit level 3 or 2.
Your opponents are pushing hard: Gank right after Red (should be level 3)
Your opponents are pushing a bit/the creeps are in the middle of the lane: Gank after you clear your jungle (should be lv. 4)
Your allies are pushing hard: Don't bother ganking and farm. Consider staying in the area to counter gank.

This works for pretty much every jungler. Even champs like WW who can't gank very effectively until lv. 6 like WW should still show up at lv. 3/4 to try and burn a Flash or take pressure off the laner.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#7TrevorkkhoPosted 3/16/2013 2:05:14 PM
Still better than those mid/top that save their ult to kill secure when their ult has a CC.

Once I ganked mid(malz on my team) 4 failed times because he wouldn't initiate with ult or derpy farming all the way back. Then he still asked for more ganks 15 mins in. He fed and raged hard(sold all his item as he was 1/7) I proceeded to not give him any buff, camped his lane(as in taking all the cs between jungle) and the whole team carried him.
---
POK Erthroid Myeloid Ontogenic
#8BlocktopusPosted 3/16/2013 2:51:34 PM
The ones I can name right off the bat who can gank at 2 are xin and j4. Most others gank at 3 and naut has to gank at 4
---
http://i.imgur.com/cuYAp.gif
#9VoidgolemPosted 3/16/2013 2:56:20 PM
unless you're warwick or something you should be planning to gank at level 4 if possible.

2 if you're Lee, Xin, or Mao.
---
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/voidgolem/Lagannrim_zps5e36b947.jpg
#10monkey_man0Posted 3/16/2013 2:58:36 PM
Wolf blue red gank.

That's how it goes for basically every jungle now. Even if the gank doesn't really accomplish much, you're at least giving a little pressure.
---
I own a computer!