Riot is STALING the meta...

#1Metal_Gear_LinkPosted 3/17/2013 8:36:01 AM
'Zacís AoE damage and self-healing skills provide him with a lot of flexibility on the battlefield. His high level of sustainability makes him an ideal choice whether youíre tearing through the jungle or trading hits in top lane.'

That's from Zac's pagen, theyh are basically creating champions for specific lanes..they are staling the meta not players
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and SUPER SMASH BROSS BRAWL!!! 2007 games of the year!!!!
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#2taco_ninja393Posted 3/17/2013 8:37:27 AM

move along folks
#3MIG297Posted 3/17/2013 8:38:13 AM
So?
---
http://i.imgur.com/cqLpz.gif
#4NicoGrimmPosted 3/17/2013 8:39:05 AM
Isnt that like...every champ?
I'm confused.
---
"So selfish them" would be their cry. And, who'd be brave to argue? Doin' what you people need is never on the menu!
#5gaara999999Posted 3/17/2013 8:40:50 AM
Champion spotlight does that too! boo riot!
---
Your Existance is a plothole - Kaiolini
You aren't on YouTube so this makes your topic not real so hurhurhur. -Drekerr
#6Metal_Gear_Link(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 8:54:05 AM
There is no point on trying diferent stuff now, Riot is basically preventing another meta do develp themselves if a champion is not OP but meta breaking he is nerfed or modificing so he could not do that anymore, such as Galio or AP amummu
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and SUPER SMASH BROSS BRAWL!!! 2007 games of the year!!!!
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#7grand_commanderPosted 3/17/2013 9:21:50 AM
Alright, first off, they say he's versatile and can do several things, yet are somehow tailoring champs to the meta?

Second, I think they would be wise to think about how players will use a champion when designing one. I mean, if nobody uses a champion because he doesn't fit into the meta, that's not a lot of RP-champ sales or skin sales, is it?
#8thebestestbestPosted 3/17/2013 9:30:13 AM
grand_commander posted...
Alright, first off, they say he's versatile and can do several things, yet are somehow tailoring champs to the meta?

Second, I think they would be wise to think about how players will use a champion when designing one. I mean, if nobody uses a champion because he doesn't fit into the meta, that's not a lot of RP-champ sales or skin sales, is it?

At no point do they say the champion is versatile, but they do mention meta specific roles.

And no, it's not wise to design champions around the meta if you don't want your game to have a set meta. Therefore, it follows that riot is indeed designing champions around the meta, deliberately making it stale.
#9Black_AssassinPosted 3/17/2013 9:39:12 AM
thebestestbest posted...
And no, it's not wise to design champions around the meta if you don't want your game to have a set meta. Therefore, it follows that riot is indeed designing champions around the meta, deliberately making it stale.

They sort of have to make sure the champions work though so they don't end up unplayed.

For example the Karma rework.
#10GorenksPosted 3/17/2013 9:54:41 AM
grand_commander posted...

At no point do they say the champion is versatile, but they do mention meta specific roles.

Flexible =/= Versatile?
---
XBL/BF3PC: Boogiepop101
Steam ID: OhmyGLOB!