So why is Jayce being played so little nowadays?

#1iiTryhardPosted 3/17/2013 9:39:44 AM
Didn't he get some slap on the wrist nerfs a little while ago and he stopped being FOTM? If he's still good, I might have to pick him up again. I need someone new to play, and my team just got butchered by one. Can he carry at all? I realize he isn't a HARD carry per se, but if fed can he do some work? I know poke is a big deal, so he seems like he would be good. I just hardly see him played.
---
XBL: iiTryHaard LoL IGN: Pintbomb
Yes, i i do try hard http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#2WayavasPosted 3/17/2013 9:43:57 AM
He is decent
---
If Raptor Jesus is your lord and savior and you are 100% proud of it, copy this into your signature.
#3happyscrub1Posted 3/17/2013 9:44:25 AM
elise came out
---
Happyscrub's league of legends rank is higher than 95% gamefaqs posters. This is why gamefaqs jealous of him. That's why they troll him. So sad, So bad, so mad.
#4shadyelfPosted 3/17/2013 9:50:19 AM
I like him a lot but I'd rather play someone much tankier. Most of the time I play him top I feel like I'm depriving the team of a tanky bruiser. And kinda hard to convince people to let him mid, and few people can play AP tops so losing magic damage.
---
?
#5Lord_WoobiePosted 3/17/2013 9:54:05 AM
He's got great laning presence and makes an amazing secondary adc.

Problem is, he's not highly effective as a tank in a meta that heavily favors bruisers. Unless your jungler is tanky, you're probably better off with a Singed or Garen.
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!
#6ShurikoPosted 3/17/2013 9:56:14 AM

Problem is, he's not highly effective as a tank in a meta that heavily favors bruisers. Unless your jungler is tanky, you're probably better off with a Singed or Garen.

He doesn't have to be tanky.

You just poke the enemy team all day until they have to back off and give you towers. He's anti-engage.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aTk36Od.jpg
http://www.synchtube.com/r/vidyagaemz
#7Lord_WoobiePosted 3/17/2013 10:01:34 AM
Shuriko posted...

You just poke the enemy team all day until they have to back off and give you towers. He's anti-engage.

In S2 I'd agree with you in an instant. In season 3 though, everyone and their grandparents are building warmogs/randuins/sunfire, making poke less effective. If Jayce can get early kills in his lane he's good to go for the entire game. It's harder to get those kills now though because of the emphasis on tankiness.
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!
#8iiTryhard(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 10:08:11 AM
Lord_Woobie posted...
Shuriko posted...

In S2 I'd agree with you in an instant. In season 3 though, everyone and their grandparents are building warmogs/randuins/sunfire, making poke less effective. If Jayce can get early kills in his lane he's good to go for the entire game. It's harder to get those kills now though because of the emphasis on tankiness.

he does have the %HP damage that is so sought after in this meta

I can see how elise outclasses him quite a bit, but since she has dat 70% ban rate in ranked I need someone else I can reliably pick and practice to get good with (see: Best Riven NA)
---
XBL: iiTryHaard LoL IGN: Pintbomb
Yes, i i do try hard http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#9Master_strikerPosted 3/17/2013 10:30:59 AM
Gap closers, sustain and damage.

Irelia, elise, zed, wukong. Manthein etc can kinda bully him out of a lane. But he's a great character against people like darius etc
---
yooooooo
#10xXDEATHXx19Posted 3/17/2013 2:04:46 PM
When jayce is played, he's expected to carry hard, win lane, gank others, and just become an unstoppable force. Some people can't live up to that responsibility. Shame, he's currently my favorite champ.