LoL Community really that closed-minded?

#1Dark_Luna3Posted 3/17/2013 11:43:43 AM(edited)
Okay, so on the Official Forums (Yeah... I know), I gave an argument that playing a certain champion (in this case -- Sejuani) could be done differently.

I proposed that her jungling can be a lot more safer and sustained if she were not to burn her Q and E on the camps, due to her W now being strong enough to kill the camps with ease. She would be saving 100+ mana on each camp while leaving Q off cooldown to be used for escaping counterjungles. Seems legit right?

In case you're not convinced, here is a video of Sejuani's normal clear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi1k6KENHuk&list=UUp05EkVRCciIJnUTVoV3fDQ&index=3

Here is a video of my proposed change of 'playstyle':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX9heYJUMz8&list=UUp05EkVRCciIJnUTVoV3fDQ&index=1

She loses 5 seconds on her level 4 clearing speed.

And so... my thread got downvoted and closed because people couldn't imagine that my 'discovery' could possibly be legit.

I know general discussion is known for being... You know. But I'm honestly questioning if people are that hopeless or it's just me and my clearly bad theorycrafting?

Just wondering. I shouldn't care so much, but I found this all quite interesting.

For those who want to see the thread, here is is (or was):

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3233349

For all I know, I could be wrong (maybe 5 seconds is such a big deal!?) but I've yet to see any outstanding arguments.

Sejuani has a bad early game and many people like counterjungling her. So it just seems very obvious to me.
#2ZedPowerPosted 3/17/2013 11:49:37 AM
The unwashed masses are still wrapping their minds around the idea that Sej might not be garbage tier after all; this may just be too avant-garde for GD.

If it works for you then abuse it as you laugh all the way to the bank, is what I say.
---
"ˇViva La Revolución!"
-Salvador Limones
#3mrmonstrPosted 3/17/2013 11:50:07 AM
"Your not a pro, Therefore your point is invalid," says LoL community.
---
LoL (EU West): mrmonstr (22)
LoL (NA): mrmonstrNA (2)
#4Dark_Luna3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 11:52:21 AM(edited)
ZedPower posted...
The unwashed masses are still wrapping their minds around the idea that Sej might not be garbage tier after all; this may just be too avant-garde for GD.

If it works for you then abuse it as you laugh all the way to the bank, is what I say.

Only reason I made this topic was because I see so many good threads on that site being downvoted by the mass without much reason.

AP Kayle back in day, for example (I'm talking even after S3 changes).

Quite sad really that most people aren't open to change or adapt to new things without seeing a pro do it.
#5ZedPowerPosted 3/17/2013 12:00:20 PM(edited)
Well, in any case, the answer to your topic question would be "yes", followed by "but not significantly more than humanity in general".

Dude it is already hard enough to convince your average carry to buy a QSS when the enemy Malzahar is fed, or to tell a Wukong who just complained about the enemy team stacking Thornmails that maybe buying a second IE isn't the solution. People are dumb, whatchagonnado. All it takes for a good thread to be closed is a dozen morons getting to it before smart people make sense of it .
---
"ˇViva La Revolución!"
-Salvador Limones
#6Dave521Posted 3/18/2013 2:34:45 AM
Best advice is to stay away from GD. It's basically swarming with a whole bunch of Bronzes who think they should be Platinum crying for nerfs and complaining about every little thing they can.

That board is horrible.
#7TheSteelPhoenixPosted 3/18/2013 2:38:38 AM
You should bring that here. It's funny, this gamefaqs board as a whole seems derpy, but there are a lot of really dedicated players, and really talented players here. Even a lot of the low skill players WANT to get better, which is different from just wanting more wins or higher rank. And I have seen a lot of new ideas discussed here with only minor rebuff. I've presented new ideas here and the most common answer was "I'll try this out tomorrow."

That said, my friend plays the hell out of sejauni, so I will be linking this to her. Very interesting!
---
lol
#8CloudandYuffiePosted 3/18/2013 2:48:13 AM
I personally like AD reds AD quints on sejauni more then AS reds. Gives abit faster clear times then AS and you have better ganks.
---
Check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/RAWChiliPouch?feature=mhee
#9neon screenPosted 3/18/2013 2:51:48 AM
As a Sej player myself, this is rather interesting, I can't deny there have been a few times I was caught with my pants down in the jungle because I burned all my abilities trying to clear. Will try this out next time.

Also general rule for any game is to avoid the official forums, as those tend to be a breeding ground of idiocy. Especially ones with voting systems.
#10BhelliumPosted 3/18/2013 2:55:55 AM(edited)
*makes a poll*

Wait, what?
But no, seriously, pretty much any large community as a whole is close-minded, or at least it can appear that way. Parts of them are not though, and their will be people who listen if you come bearing proof. Even on the official forums.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.