Does a good mid chose bot over top?

#1Ky KiskyPosted 3/17/2013 3:13:23 PM
I think this is a pretty complicated question a "good" mid would face. To be honest, all the good mids would help gank bot 4v2 with the Jungler. But I've seen some Mid's help top before. 3v1.

I heard if a mid actually tries to take mid tower instead of helping it'd be bad play... lol
#2PrintScreenKeyPosted 3/17/2013 3:17:57 PM
I played a ranked as bot Karthus.
I am good and I didn't choose any lane.

The entire "laning" concept is flawed.
I went around and pushed EVERY lane(yes top mid and bot), took ALL the jungle and killed EVERY enemy.
By the end I had 24k gold, my teammates had 16k only.

A good "mid" - remember laning concept is flawed. A good player will kill everything and take everything.
You don't CHOOSE a lane, you KILL EVERY LANE.
#3MtnJimPosted 3/17/2013 3:18:26 PM
Mids roam to whichever lane they can help more. It depends on the ward coverage, or lack thereof, and what the lanes even are. If I'm playing mid, and I have to choose between ganking a bot lane with disengages+escapes or a top lane with none of that, I'll probably try to go after top. Also, knowing where enemy jungler is changes which lane to gank and how far each lane is pushed can affect that. It's not so clear cut as "gank bottom, win game".

As for middle tower, a free tower is a free 750g for your team, and middle tower opens up control of the enemy jungle and the river. So it's not a bad play to take it out.
---
I'm just a little less than sane.
#4InNox534Posted 3/17/2013 3:54:51 PM
If top or bot are dumb enough to be pushed against our turrets, I'll gank.

I also pay attention to mana/health. Or try to, especially mana.

I don't think there should be a written rule for ganking, just whichever will most likely lead to a kill so you're not wasting time.

I hate playing jungle/mid sometimes because when I ping nobody ever goes in, and expects me to come in first, even when I'm playing a champ with no cc. =/