Kha'zix Jungle?

#1SirGizmoPosted 3/17/2013 6:42:43 PM
I love this Champion, but I feel like if I don't evolve his Wings (E) first, instead of his AoE (W), then I can't effectively gank lanes.

Is this just me?
---
""You miss 100% of the shots you dont take. -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott." -SirGizmo
#2themagicpainmanPosted 3/17/2013 6:46:59 PM
You can just go mid and do everything better.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#3TheSteelPhoenixPosted 3/17/2013 6:47:00 PM
I was like this for a long time, but the nerf made me evolve my play style with him.

21/9/0 now
atk red and quints, armor yellows and blues
First point in W, then get a point in Q and E, then max W first. Q seconds, and E last.
Evolve W first. I used to do leap first, but that was pre-nerf and could get away with it. Do W first. Many said W first was better even pre-nerf, and I've come around to believing it. You won't even miss it, mostly because being apply to apply the slow at a distance will help you more then the leap will, believe it or not. Not to mention you still have the leap, and its really nice.

He is still a monster, and I have found myself enjoying him tremendously again.
---
lol
#4Ravid182Posted 3/17/2013 7:08:48 PM(edited)
I have never accepted * don't play a champion here because he is better here! * That is just a closed minded and foolish. Grasping for reasoning to a a prejudgment when little reasoning exists

He does quite well and can be incredibly fun, and can carry well from the jungle. He isn't perfect though.
#5FoxDragon13Posted 3/17/2013 7:09:45 PM
Ravid182 posted...
I have never accepted * don't play a champion here because he is better here! * That is just a closed minded and foolish.

He does quite well and can be incredibly fun, and can carry well from the jungle. He isn't perfect though.

But I think the point that was trying to be made is that he does REALLY well in mid against certain champs. If the enemy picks a more traditional AP mid, Kha has a field day on them. What makes him excel in lane is that his evolved spikes is such a great farming tool. That and he gets more farm, so he can snowball. He has mana issues so getting that tear really helps.

Can he carry in the jungle, for sure. But if you wanted to maximize his potential, mid is a good sport for him,

But if you do jungle him, evolving W may still be a good idea. One it makes jungle clears MUCH faster. That and for his ganks, it is a range poke that applies a slow. So you can W to slow them, letting your lane catch up. Ult to reset passive and hit him again using a jump or flash. Then ult again when W is back up to apply slow again.
---
"Are you quite finished?"-Black Mage
"I was thinking I should run around in an idiotic panic."-Fighter
#6TheSteelPhoenixPosted 3/17/2013 7:21:28 PM
There is more to someone's potential then how they operate in a vacuum. If you send Kha'zix mid, you will need to move the caster somewhere else, which means you send them bot for kill lane, or get your magic damage from the jungler or top. Junglers are tougher to come by in this regard, diana (who has lost a lot of her power), and Elise, who is banned more than any other champion.

This then hopes that the enemy hasn't counter picked the hell out of the displaced caster on accident.

Kha'zix in the jungle is his best spot IMO. He has some of the best ganks, and he has the skills to farm fast, which means he can keep up in almost any eventuality (Successful ganks or not). Also, assuming support and top have decent amounts of CC, he fits into many team comp builds, with strong poke, moblity, and burst.
---
lol
#7FoxDragon13Posted 3/17/2013 7:57:39 PM
TheSteelPhoenix posted...
There is more to someone's potential then how they operate in a vacuum. If you send Kha'zix mid, you will need to move the caster somewhere else, which means you send them bot for kill lane, or get your magic damage from the jungler or top. Junglers are tougher to come by in this regard, diana (who has lost a lot of her power), and Elise, who is banned more than any other champion.

This then hopes that the enemy hasn't counter picked the hell out of the displaced caster on accident.

Kha'zix in the jungle is his best spot IMO. He has some of the best ganks, and he has the skills to farm fast, which means he can keep up in almost any eventuality (Successful ganks or not). Also, assuming support and top have decent amounts of CC, he fits into many team comp builds, with strong poke, moblity, and burst.

Well the counter argument is, why do you need to pick a squishy AP Caster to move? Why not pick a safe top. You don't have to pick an AP caster at all. A lot of teams, and a lot of pro teams do the same thing. You can purposely built a full AD team that has armor shred.

Renekton top, Xin Jungle, and throw in a black cleaver. That is some serious armor shred.

Or, you can pick an AP top. Rumble is in a very good spot, Elise, Singed, and even Akali as voyboy showed. All them have good escapes, and are AP.

I am NOT saying Kha can jungle. He can, and can do it well for damage. But unless you are a full on carry jungle, there are better options. Problem is, if you go Kha Jungle, need to make sure you have a strong initiation top or mid.

As you said, what makes him a good jungle also makes him a terrific mid. With that high mobility, not only can he counter a mid lane hard, but his roaming potential will start snowballing other lanes.

So yes, he can jungle and clear it well. But you are not going to see Kha jungle at high elo or pro level is what I am saying. Their are jungles out there that have better CC with the same mobility.
---
"Are you quite finished?"-Black Mage
"I was thinking I should run around in an idiotic panic."-Fighter
#8SirGizmo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 8:24:02 PM
I duo queue with a buddy. I was maining Hecarim, but he mains Veigar and it caused some issues. My charge didn't sync well with his stun.

But as Kha'zix, we can basically gank anyone in ranked mid.
---
""You miss 100% of the shots you dont take. -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott." -SirGizmo
#9Ravid182Posted 3/17/2013 8:30:07 PM(edited)
It doesn't matter what point he was trying to make. If I am jungling as Khazix, at no point does it actually matter how good of a midlaner khazix.

Because he is good in mid it does not in any way effect the judgement of how good he does while jungling. The topic creator asked how he was at jungling. How good he is in mid lane is irrelevant other than providing context which was clearly not the attempt of the other poster.

At most you could say how well he does if your mid lane afks and he has to go mid with smite or how well he can hold a lane to keep them from killing tower, 2 very different thigns than simply mid laning
#10zeroalphamaxPosted 3/17/2013 8:40:57 PM
Up until recently I mained him in the jungle,always evolved w and did perfectly fine, i love jungling him. and as far as support jungles being better? yeah,no. people are just sheep.it all depends on your team comp.
---
Official Heatran of the White 2 board-White 2 FC:5415 7704 4311
Official Lagiacrus of the MH3U board