What champion would you suggest to learn to play mid with for a new player?

#1natchu96Posted 3/18/2013 5:25:03 AM
Well, I feel like I've made a lot of question threads T_T

Anyway, still a level 9 right now (takes a while to get to the real game doesn't it . . .), and I realized today that I've really only ever played ADCs.Well, okay, I played some Ahri because she was free and Master Yi (which I'm still not sure what role he's even supposed to be playing . . .). And did terribly with Twisted Fate once. But you get the point.

Well, Ahri's an AP character, and apparently so is TF, but that's pretty much it as far as me playing AP.Ahri's kind of squishy, and is more for securing kills with burst than holding lanes with sustain from what I've ended up doing. I figured there must be something

'kay, I know there are viable midlaners that aren't AP champs, but the vast majority seem to be, so it makes the most sense to star there, doesn't it?

I heard Akali was a pubstomp champ, but I have no idea how AP melee is supposed to make sense . . . or how different an energy AP champ would be from a mana one . . . I feel inadequate. This game is deeper than I expected when I jumped in T_T
---
"Memento Mori, if the nineth lion ate the sun." - Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
#2Susan0Posted 3/18/2013 5:27:09 AM
Annie, Lux, Akali, Ryze (to a certain Extent), Pantheon
---
Official Daedric Prince of Madness of All Boards
Akali is my Waifu~ Now, You DIE :D
#3natchu96(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 6:04:48 AM
Susan0 posted...

. . . isn't Lux pretty much Skillshot central out of this list?

And Ryze seems to promote spammyness . . .

oh well, I guess I'm a bit more used to melee range . . . and I'm curious as to why everybody thinks Akali is so pubstompy.
---
"Memento Mori, if the nineth lion ate the sun." - Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
#4Susan0Posted 3/18/2013 6:16:11 AM(edited)
natchu96 posted...
Susan0 posted...

. . . isn't Lux pretty much Skillshot central out of this list?

And Ryze seems to promote spammyness . . .

oh well, I guess I'm a bit more used to melee range . . . and I'm curious as to why everybody thinks Akali is so pubstompy.

As Akali, when you reach Lv6, you can proceed to snowball to the point where you two shot a carry, and or 3 shot a tank, provided you have the items (Also, another reason Akali snowballs is because she has a reset on her ult, whenever she kills or assists in a kill)

And Lux is rly rly rly strong. She's good if you wanna learn how to learn skillshots. Most AP mids have skillshots in their kit, so better get started~
---
Official Daedric Prince of Madness of All Boards
Akali is my Waifu~ Now, You DIE :D
#5GotTheGreensPosted 3/18/2013 6:12:50 AM
Karthus because last hitting with Q is easy.
---
Stop! You've violated the law! Pay the court fine or serve your sentence. Your stolen goods are now forfeit.
#6Ultraknight64Posted 3/18/2013 6:14:52 AM
I'd suggest starting with one of the hardest mid champions first. At level 9 you won't have too much consequence and it'll probably make learning other champions much easier.

Syndra or Xerath are probably good choices
---
Not happy with committing just murder, he had to go and dirty the courthouse, too!? GUILTY - Judge
<Official topic-ender of GameFAQs>
#7brawlboy999Posted 3/18/2013 6:17:34 AM
I actually agree with Annie. She has no skill shots, so she would be a good champ to wet your feet to AP, and she has crazy damage potential and can help in team fights if you stun Tibbers their whole team. She's pretty simple and easy to learn IMO
---
2013. We're still alive
#8themagicpainmanPosted 3/18/2013 6:18:53 AM
Invoker
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#9EphidelPosted 3/18/2013 6:20:34 AM
Yeah, I don't think you should necessarily be avoiding using champions with skillshots just because you're new. It's something to learn. But I definitely recommend both Annie and Ryze because they're cheap, simple, and a good learning experience. I'm not sure what you're trying to say about Ryze, but the fact that you have to cast his spells pretty quickly doesn't mean that there's no logic behind them. He also ends up pretty tanky so you can afford to make a few more mistakes than usual as you try to improve.
---
The time is out of joint. O cursed spite, that ever I was born to set it right!
http://i.imgur.com/pyvQmyz.gif
#10MaurithPosted 3/18/2013 6:20:54 AM
I have absolutely no regrets learning Anivia as one of my first AP mids.
---
LoL: Rumble, Syndra, Fizz, Janna, Ezreal, Kog'Maw, Lee Sin, Vi, Lux, Twitch
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j90/kouta-k6/favouritepokemon_zps877a78e5.png