Any other champs besides Olaf, Elise, Darius, and Zac that can build

#41MilanBarcaPosted 3/18/2013 10:49:46 AM
Irelia
---
http://backloggery.com/milan
#42_SNAGRAT_LIEPosted 3/18/2013 10:50:26 AM
gaara999999 posted...
Mundo

Mundo really doesn't do much damage. And I should have specified I meant champions that can lane.

Have you ever played mundo?
---
Friendly reminder to get karma on your alts
#43chaoticbananaPosted 3/18/2013 11:06:12 AM
TC has no idea what he's talking about, and just wants to make fun of people who try to correct him.

Volibear.
---
IGN:Chaoticbanana
Malzahar is my waifu
#44MasterDarkenPosted 3/18/2013 11:11:46 AM
chaoticbanana posted...
TC has no idea what he's talking about, and just wants to make fun of people who try to correct him.

Volibear.

On that note...

Yorick
#45alcaPWNED212(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 11:16:46 AM
chaoticbanana posted...

Volibear.

Why don't you actually read my comments. I only went after Blocktopus after he started taking shots at me. That was one person.
---
I paid my taxes so why cant i punch everyone i see on the street?! WTF Government?!- Knight_Of_Order
#46chaoticbananaPosted 3/18/2013 11:18:34 AM
alcaPWNED212 posted...
chaoticbanana posted...

Volibear.

Why don't you actually read my comments. I only went after Blocktopus after he started taking shots at me. That was one person.

Most of your comments were sarcastic and shot down the advice of better players.
---
IGN:Chaoticbanana
Malzahar is my waifu
#47Arken101Posted 3/18/2013 11:25:41 AM
Nasus
---
[http://animebot.everyboty.net/pix/866.jpg] [http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png]
Disregard Choices, Acquire Swain Garen's mai waifu
#48Unbridled9Posted 3/18/2013 2:01:24 PM
WFG_Elitest posted...
Unbridled9 posted...
Poppy. She's outright built for the role with a powerful Q that deals HP% damage and comes off decently fast, an ability that allows her to pursue (and get some extra attack/def), a gap-closer and possible stun, and an invincibility shield. Only problem is that her early game has a LOT of problems. Some of these can be handled by picking smite over ignite (if you want your opponent to die once you're built you can just LAY into them with her abilities anyways) for better minion-grinding/early game. Her hardest time will be the pre-6's for sure. Once she gets her ult, if she's decently built, she will wreck entire enemy teams while being difficult to kill in anything less than ten individual hits thanks to her passive.

getting smite over ignite might be the dumbest thing i've ever heard

Why? Poppy's problem comes from her troubled early-game grinding. Smite helps allow her to net some more minion kills for extra G which is VERY important for her to get up and running. Once she is up and going she doesn't need to worry about damage so much as her Q deals 100 + 60% Ability Power + 8% of her targets health (capped at 375) every 4 seconds. Her W allows her to get 35 additional attack power and armor and increase her movement by up to 25% every 12 seconds, and her E allows her to cover 525 range every 8 seconds and potentially stun her target. Poppy has few problems with pursuit or damage once she gets built. Her problem is getting there.

Poppy's biggest problem is the fact that she is purely single-target melee DPS. That means, in the early game, she has trouble netting the kills she needs for getting her builds. Early game she's unlikely to kill champs, plain and simple, and late-game she should be built and pursue-y enough to not care one bit about them. Poppy's single, biggest, hurdle is her early-game. Not her endgame. She wants to get out of the early and into the late ASAP. Smite is great for that. Ignite is not.

Smite at level 18 deals 410 damage. Poppy can deal 410+ damage every 4 seconds far earlier than 18 (and if she has spellblade or any sort of decent items at all, she's just going to thrash). Heck, at level 1, Smite deals 410 damage instantly and if Poppy mastered it gives her 10 G right away. Not to mention the CD is MUCH shorter. A constantly smiting Poppy who mastered gets 30 gold before factoring in the extra kills she could have gotten.

That's not to mention Summoner's Resolve also modifies Heal, which is another decent spell for Poppy (not the best, but decent). Due to her tanky nature heal keeps her pounding into the enemies longer and allows her a bit of breathing room when smashing into enemies. Plus +90 health at 18 (if mastered) is nice for her. Not amazing or anything, but nice.

Know your spells and don't pick mindlessly. Ignite is not the best choice for Poppy as her natural attacks far exceed it.

Ignite: Only useful for stopping healer-champions who aren't really a threat to Poppy anyways.

Smite: Great for allowing Poppy to gear up fast.

Heal: Can keep her standing longer.

Exhaust/Ghost: Nice for pursuit.
---
Math with Vi!
My 2 fists - 1 of your face = 1 dead foe.
#49centurion911Posted 3/18/2013 2:02:50 PM
OP thinks Mundo and Jarvan can't build tank and pump out a ton of damage.

We shouldn't even be helping him until he accepts these obvious facts.
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#50LlamaNubPosted 3/18/2013 2:05:17 PM
Poppy has the required CC to set up ganks and you need ignite to secure kills.
---
When life gives you lemons, blame yourself for planting the wrong tree.