I wish pros put more efforts in their guides

#1LlamaNubPosted 3/18/2013 9:59:30 AM
If they don't have the time to update or write an in-dept guide then why bother? It's pathetic that the best featured guides with 350 upvotes contain nothing but "Get Rylai because it is strong on Brand" etc.

There is basically no new insight for any average player who knows what they are doing. I think pros are withholding extremely valuable information by not elaborating their thoughts process in itemization, match-up, runes etc.
---
When life gives you lemons, blame yourself for planting the wrong tree.
#2ikilledkenny2Posted 3/18/2013 10:04:36 AM
the itemization in this game is very, very basic and most of the time self explanatory. rylais gives health, ap, and a slow, do you want the guide to tell you that health, ap, and a slow is good on ap casters?
#3PhoenixNinePosted 3/18/2013 10:06:56 AM
These guides are aimed at good players who know what they're doing.
---
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~
#4anilEhilatedPosted 3/18/2013 10:07:10 AM
Don't take thinking for granted. The guides' target audience doesn't.
---
For who could ever...?
#5necroix05Posted 3/18/2013 10:07:14 AM
Because this game doesn't have any decision making behind it. All builds are super straight forward and there's basically no reason to ever alter them anyway.
---
Triggers down moar liek xbox down mirite - Dark_elf796
https://dotabuff.com/players/47991144
#6LlamaNub(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 10:10:53 AM
Allow me to rephrase the intention of this topic.

Basically, if a non-pro wishes to submit a guide and have it featured, he'll have to put in tremendous work. Even Inverted Composer, arguably the best Singed NA, busted his balls to put out a true quality guide. I do not think that Inverted Composer would have his build featured, despite his Singed credentials, if he wrote a Reginald-quality guide.

Reginald, on the other hand, writes a 5 minute guide that most Gold players can write as well and it becomes featured. The lack of fair quality testing is disappointing.
---
When life gives you lemons, blame yourself for planting the wrong tree.
#7necroix05Posted 3/18/2013 10:14:32 AM
Who cares.

It really isn't a big deal.

Do what you think is good.
---
Triggers down moar liek xbox down mirite - Dark_elf796
https://dotabuff.com/players/47991144
#8CosmosYearsPosted 3/18/2013 10:15:32 AM
It's the way it is, but so what. Good players can easily cut through the hype and see if pro guides are useful or not and if they aren't look at some others.

There are some non "pro players" that have written guides and have had amazing reception. Besides, pro players make guides to give themselves continued exposure, they don't care if they're writing a subpar guide. Usually when someone comes out to write a guide about a champion or two that they really care about it's of excellent quality because they actually care and have a lot to say about that specific champion.
---
I didn't rage quit, I left because Aladair was being a Jew. ~Aphoristic 2013
LOL IGN: Aladair
#9ikilledkenny2Posted 3/18/2013 10:20:25 AM
there is almost nothing to write about for any character in this game, a complete guide pretty much consists of a skills/item build, and some combos/tricks to to using your skills ie anivia ER, or lux QERE. It's very easy to know what items to buy just by looking at your character and what your opponents have.
#10EDumeyPosted 3/18/2013 10:21:05 AM
LlamaNub posted...
Allow me to rephrase the intention of this topic.

Basically, if a non-pro wishes to submit a guide and have it featured, he'll have to put in tremendous work. Even Inverted Composer, arguably the best Singed NA, busted his balls to put out a true quality guide. I do not think that Inverted Composer would have his build featured, despite his Singed credentials, if he wrote a Reginald-quality guide.

Reginald, on the other hand, writes a 5 minute guide that most Gold players can write as well and it becomes featured. The lack of fair quality testing is disappointing.

It's Reginald's site. He can do what he wants.

And players really shouldn't need much more than general item builds. If you need 'masterful' advice, you need experience plain and simple. If you really need pro input, look up a vod or two, and see it in action.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg