I wish pros put more efforts in their guides

#11BhelliumPosted 3/18/2013 9:22:37 AM
i wish solomid would trash the s2 or older guides
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#12ssj4supervegetaPosted 3/18/2013 9:36:31 AM
um its his site and usually when people look for a guide they just look over and go "ok this item this item and this item"

if a pro writes the guide most peoplel wont even bother reading the description.

The only times i even look at the description is if its a weird item like if a pro was just like "build a phantom dancer on singed!" i'd be like "...i wonder what the explantion to that is"

otherwise things are very straight forward and a pros guide is usually just a "this is what i build" instead of an in-depth thing, whereas a random good player has to be like "i know im not pro but this is why i do this this and that."
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#13ineedaname88Posted 3/18/2013 10:02:08 AM
Is it bad that I rarely bother looking at the item list and go staight to the skills to see the scaling? That's how I've started deciding what to build on people, according to the situations ofcourse.
---
Go big or go home broke. Bro-ski.
#14KintashiPosted 3/18/2013 10:04:54 AM
LoL has been about who can **** ride the pros harder since the tournament scene started. I hate it, but that's just how the community is.
---
If you find you are falling into madness - dive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUG2BsRqD8E
#15B01tPosted 3/18/2013 10:43:51 AM
Usually, i'll take a glance at the items. but the section i most covet is the matchup section. Specifically, what to do in that matchup if it can give me an edge.

There's a nonpro-fizz guide that's featured on solomid, by The One True Yako (i beliiiieve?)

It is fantastic. Good tips for a ton of matchups, plus all the other usual information.
---
Idealism is seeing potential. Pragmatism is seeing consequences.
#16GoldenFantasyPosted 3/18/2013 11:10:42 AM
Most players looking for guides usually just want to know what items and skills to start with. They usually don't want specific information, like match ups, or when to use skills until they've learned more about the champs they want to use.
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks